icon

Subwoofers: the best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
M4lfunct10n 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

FINALLY!!!!  MORE JL LOVERS!!  Hehe... I love my setup.  I've got 2 10W6's(1st gen) in a bandpass powered by the 500/1 amp.  All in my little 300ZX.  It's hard to match that kind of SQ.  Definately go with JL.  Every person I've shown my system to has been impressed. 

Hmm.... discounts on JL??  I got pretty good deals on my stuff.  I bought the W6's in the bandpass off a friend for only $200.  The 500/1 amp I paid $350 for brand new.  I told one shop what I wanted to pay, they guy said no deal, 4 bills or leave.  Went up the road, told the guy I already walked out of one shop, he said,"....hmm....okay, $350 works."  I have no idea what you sell it for.  That was in Cali, now I'm in Washington and the cheapest I've found up here is $500.

As far as the W7's go.... all three shops I've seen the W7 in have had them in boxes.  Heck, the local Good Guys sells the W7 in a box.  I didn't check the price though.. I think they wanted $600 for it. 

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Not bad! Over here they want $700 for just the 13w7 alone, no box.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
DJSlim101 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2002 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Kicker's 15" L7 is the best subwoofer I've heard...although I work for Rockford Fosgate's newly acquired company Audio Innovations (Q Logic). I live in Stillwater, OK...the home of Stillwater Designs (Kicker), and I've heard recently of testing of a new sub at Kicker HQ...it's the 18" L2...should be THE best once it hits the streets...
DJ Slim
matrix 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

One of the best subs you may want to look at is Alchemy by alumapro

matrixman
mwhcai1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Rharris 19 - Are you still there?  You got a lot of replies to your post.  What are you thoughts now?  Did you choose your sub?
rharris19 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
I think i amg oing to go with the jl audio W6V2, ia m not quite sure though, sorry i haven't posted anything i have been out of town.  So yeah i think that is what i am goign to go with.  The only question is how many?  I may just go with one because right now i have 2 type-r 12's and they are REALLY loud and i have realised that isn't sometihng that i want, but what i do want is good sq.  So from what i have read here and the good deal i was offered, i think i am going to go with the jl W6V2.
jagershack 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

JL's W6 sound quality

Kicker L7 limited space & SPL

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2003 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I am running two 10" Audiobahn ALUM subs with the new Audiobahn A2200HCT amp.  1600w RMS,  talk about death by stereo!  hahaha   i would pick the ALUM for great SQ and big bang.  i get phat deals on audiobahn too.  the A2200HCQ amp i got, retail is $1000.  i got it for $450 brand new, and those two 10's are $300 a piece, i got both of them for $200,  all brand new.  i got the hook up, hahah
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2003 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
lol...I personally dont like the sound of the Audioblah subs...none of them...the w7s are a sweet sounding sub, and I have yet to hear a w6v2, but I may audition a set soon...Infinity Perfects sound pretty decent, but they dont get loud, and their power handling claim is a little high...I blew 4 sets in less than 2 weeks, the first woofer blew within 30 seconds...a/d/s/ makes REALLY sweet sounding subs if you are truly looking for SQ...Morel Rennaissance 12s are also a great sounding sub, and they can get pretty damn loud as well...IDMaxs sound good, so do Brahmas...
picking any one "best" sub is truly impossible, since they all have so many different aspects that make each one dynamic...you have to listen to them personally and choose the one that best suits you and what you enjoy in a sub...
I once reccommended a Focal sub to someone, and they listened to the sub and said that it did sound good...however, the person ended up buying MTX 6000s, because to him, they sounded "better"...to this day, I am baffled by that, but to each his own, and for him, the 6000s made him happy...so you should audition as many subs as you can and see what makes you happy...
lol, some days I wish I was content with equipment that was half of the price that I have paid...
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic