icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
well, i just went out and checked and the harness was backwards although I thought I had reasoned it out to hook it up the other way. It now gives the warn away, although it's still not as sensitive as I would like, it is better now that it'll chirp. I have it zip tied as tight as I could get it to a metal dash support, so I think my location is good. Thanks for all of the help everyone. It sounds like i need a proximity sensor to be as sensitive as i'd like. I saw on another forum where someone had a proximity sensor set so if someone got within about 6 inches of the car it gave a warn-away. Might give that a try.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
btw, with the glass breakage sensor, do i need just one for the whole car or multiple ones?
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

be careful and open up your siren, unscrew the pc board from the magnet, you will see the six tones labeled numbers 1-6 on the board use something sharp and cut the tones you dont want remember #1 is tone one # tone 2 and so on. got questions just ask. dont forget that when you are pulling the magnet assembly out you have to give some slack on the wiring that comes out of the back. the positive and negative wires of the siren.

gcorrea
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
yea you only need one for the car
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
where should the glass sensor be mounted? Also, anyone have experience with the window modules? Are they worth it or too much work? Just some future add-ons i'm considering.
THANKS!
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

under the dash, but try not to block it, just as close to some place sound can get through,,,

as far as the 530 (windows),, i have put a couple in, i like them, it's hard on older ones sometimes to get them to go all the way, but i think it's a really nice option.. it really tricks people out when they see you using them

the only thing that sucks is if your output (third channel or whatever) has a delay on it,, like if you have to hold down the button for 3 seconds to get the output to go, then it makes it a pain to auto start your car or arm it, and leave the windows down, it works best when it's used with dei stuff i guess... but that's how most products are..

Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
THANKS! I'll add that stuff to it once I have the spare funds to do so. Thanks to everyone who helped out.
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  

I have two 530Ts installed in my car.  If you need help, feel freet to PM me and I'll give you email address.  It is pretty straight forward though.  I wired both mine in the driver's kick panel and ran all the wires in and wired at the driver's door switch.  It's great because I have full auto up/down on the driver's door switches, but when my kids sit in the back and want to just lower their window a little bit, their switches on the back doors function normal (without full auto up/down on the windows).

Good luck!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
just the auto up/down on all windows is worth buying it to me. now i just need some money................
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same sensor on my 791XV that I bought from ebay more than a year ago.  I was wondering if you can connect like multiple sensors.  One on the firewall, another on a wire harness, another on the dash... Does the alarm output enough current to handle multiple sensors or do you need to relay them.
Poly Dollies
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic