icon

Eclipse CD5444 Locked?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skyline_dragon 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone! I just got my Eclipse unit in the mail today, installed it, and bam, ran into a problem. It turned on right away, I see "SEC" on the screen, then "HELP", and lastly "8C400053". What does this mean? Did I get a defective one or what? Can't do anything with it. I think it's locked. Anyways, any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
You will need the security disk that the owner set the unit up with. It is a cd that the original owner used as the security disk.
If you cannot get that, contact Eclipse. They have to reset it. That number flashing is the serial number.
skyline_dragon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply! I have the disc, but it is so scratched up. I think it can't read it correctly. What should I do?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
If you have the disc, use it.  If it does not work, assuming you have proof of ownership, take the vehicle to an authorized Eclipse dealer.  You will be charged to reset the ESN code.
Support the12volt.com
skyline_dragon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I have the invoice. Why does it say "HELP"? According to the manual, it doesn't mention anything about "HELP" being displayed. I thought it should say something like CD or MC or something to indicate what type of security. Thanks for all the help, guys.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
If you know what the security CD is you should be able to use a duplicate of it.  So say it's Santana's "Abraxas," just go to the store & buy a new one.  That should solve your problem.
skyline_dragon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I thought that the security CD could only be an original, but he gave me a burned CD as the security CD. Well, anyways, he's going to be hearing from me because he said it was brand new.
skyline_dragon 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
...the head unit was supposed to be brand new
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like an Ebay item, definitely go after him.  If he can burn the exact same tracks onto a CD that should work, but given the time involved I'd just get it reset.  You'll probably need the original receipt, not an Ebay receipt.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
The item is far from brand new. If it is displaying help, it has had the wrong cd key cd inseted into it more than 5 times. After the 5th incorrect cd, the unit locks up, displays Help or Call800 followed by the serial#. To me this is either a stolen unit or someone unloading something. A call to Eclipse will verify this. This is the only recourse that you have right now. Get ready to take the hit if it is stolen. Best bet, send it right back to the dude that sold it to you, get your money back and go to a specialty shop to buy a legitimate new model.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic