icon

04 Ford F150, remote starters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlc73101 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
Use 556UW  red +12v,black  ground,blue neg. status to the alarm,dont  use the rest.
jlc73101
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
I am a crime stopper trained installer. If you havent gotten it to work by monday feel free to call me at 419-333-0000 I can walk you through any trouble shooting.. Also if you call crimestopper tech support ask for lary he is their best installer/tech guy he was just here in sandusky ohio on thursday showing us new equipment for 05. Sorry your having so much trouble with the install I am sure I can help if you dont have it figured out yet. EDIT ps. We open at 10 am and close at 6
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  

I had the same exact problem you are describing with the dash led flashes once then the truck shuts off. I had to mess with that loop around the ignition cylinder for quite sometime to get it just right. It was a pain. But I got it to work. Bypasskit.com offers a PKF3 that bypasses through the databus. There is no loop to mess with on that one..  Hope this helps

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
ziggyb222 wrote:

I had the same exact problem you are describing with the dash led flashes once then the truck shuts off. I had to mess with that loop around the ignition cylinder for quite sometime to get it just right. It was a pain. But I got it to work. Bypasskit.com offers a PKF3 that bypasses through the databus. There is no loop to mess with on that one.. Hope this helps

it's not databus but does hardwire to the PATS harness.
These 04 up F-150's are easier than the previous generation to install starters on now. less wiring at the ignition harness.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
What brand/model bypass units are you using. Are you using the keysensing shutoff circuit in the bypass so that when your Igniton key is in the cylinder, the computer doesn't see 2 keys? If it sees 2 keys at the same time it will cause a problem. If you are trying to remote start just using the regular key in the barrel, temporarily disconnect the bypass and then try and see if it stays running. Unplugging the little plug with the red and black wire is all you need to disconnect. Post back your results.
Steve G
925slave 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Ok,here is an update. I spoke with a tech from Crimestopper the other day. He said the only thing different is he had a Red w/ Gray wire for the starter and my info. said Red w/ light blue. He said to try the other starter wire? I was confused as I could not find another red wire for the starter in the ignition harness so maybe it is the same wire since it does look like gray instead of light blue depending on the light. Also, why would the vehicle start and stay running for 2 seconds if I had the wrong starter wire? Anyway, he mentioned the tach sense wire again as many here have said. I connected the LED and programming switch to the unit and the tach wire to what I thought was a good place. My manual said to use any wire on the fuel injectors or ignition coil as long as it is not RED for the tach sense Does anybody know a good place to pick this up as neither one of these seem to work. Does anyone know if the LED on the RS850 is to be on constant? Mine is, and it will not go into any of the programmable menus like tach sense or tach program. I was told there is a tach wire in the kick panel but cannot find any documentation to support that info. Any help would be appreciated.
iskidoo 
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
iskidoo wrote:
What brand/model bypass units are you using. Are you using the keysensing shutoff circuit in the bypass so that when your Igniton key is in the cylinder, the computer doesn't see 2 keys? If it sees 2 keys at the same time it will cause a problem. If you are trying to remote start just using the regular key in the barrel, temporarily disconnect the bypass and then try and see if it stays running. Unplugging the little plug with the red and black wire is all you need to disconnect. Post back your results.
Did you do any of this?
Steve G
925slave 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I am using the module that I got from Santa Fe Distributing when I called and ordered everything. I think it is a TB5 maybe. It has a red, black, and blue wire on one connector and then the other connector is where the cylinder ring plugs in. I can program the module with 2 keys and when I try to start the vehicle the ign. turns on and the factory security LED on the dash will come on and then go off before it starts, just like with the key. The vehicle starts and runs for 2 seconds and then it dies as soon as the LED flashes on the dash. I have tried relocating the ring to the front side of the factory ring with no success and I have tried unplugging the red, black, and blue connector with a key in the ign. With a key in the ign. I still have the same problem. I have tried connecting the keysense wire and numerous other suggestions but I just can't figure it out. I hate to but I may have to give up and send these 2 and my other customers I have already lined up to another shop and not do anymore as they seem to be a major troubleshooting hassle.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Man I hate to see you have to give up 04 Ford F150, remote starters - Page 2 -- posted image.. If the vehicle shuts down with the key in the ignittion theres something your forgetting04 Ford F150, remote starters - Page 2 -- posted image.. Have you programmed tach and everything? All else fails START over from scratch and give it another go. this usually helps ALOt. Its better to start from scratch then to keep trying to find what you missed. Good luck I hope you get it, I know how frustrating it can be04 Ford F150, remote starters - Page 2 -- posted image..
iskidoo 
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried using tach finder mode on the RS-850 to insure you are finding a valid tach. The DEI wire chart may give you directions to find the tach but the Crimestopper units may need a bit different signal.
Steve G
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic