the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 Ford F150, remote starters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Also try using the key in ignition(with no bypass hooked up), remote start it but as soon as it remote starts turn the key to run. I'm wondering if you could have the accesory and Ignition outputs of the remote start units reversed?
Steve G
kustomcarz 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
you need to do the factory disarm, if it has the keyless entry stock then it has a factory starter kill so try using the disarm on the alarm or if it is a negative disarm trygrounding it out .
No matter what you do to a civic, it's still a civic...
925slave 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

kustomcarz, you may have the answer and I hope you do. My RS-850 has an output to disarm a OEM alarm but I cannot find documentation here or any other place that tells me what wire to connect it to and were it is located. If anyone has connected this wire or knows where I can find the info. I am starting to get a little hope as this makes sense. I also read something about using all 4 door triggers because the BCM shuts down? Do I need to also connect the door triggers? If so what input would that be my manual does not account for door triggers.

Thanks to everybody that is helping me as I struggle with these.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
kustomcarz wrote:
you need to do the factory disarm, if it has the keyless entry stock then it has a factory starter kill so try using the disarm on the alarm or if it is a negative disarm trygrounding it out .
The factory disarm has nothing to do with the vehicle not remote starting if the factory alarm (if equipped) is not armed.
925slave, I'm going to suggest a few things to do when installing remote starters on vehicles with transponder keys until you get more comfortable doing them and know the cars more.
Install the remote start without installing the bypass module. You can pre-wire the unit and connect the power wires of the bypass module, just don't connect any part of the bypass unit to the vehicle. Learn the tach signal of the car to the remote start unit. Then attempt to remote start the vehicle with a key in the ignition cylinder and in the off position. If it starts correctly, you know you have the power/ignition wires hooked up correctly, and you also know you have a good tach signal. At this point you can install your bypass module and program it as needed. Then if you try to remote start the vehicle and it doesn't start, you know the problem is with the bypass unit and not with the rest of the install.
In your original post you mentioned you could not get the truck to remote start with a key in the cylinder. This means you might not have the correct ignition/accessory wires hooked up. You should be using the following:
12volts      lt. GREEN/ purple (20A)
Starter      RED / lt. blue                 
Ignition      dk. blue/lt. green           
Accessory      BLACK/ lt. green
Those wire are fairly skinny compared to what cars had a few years back.
That truck has a lot of other wires in the same harness that are similar sizes and colors. Make sure you have the correct wires. Are you using a multimeter or test light to test wires?
The other likely possible reason the truck won't stay running is a bad tach signal. I always use fuel injector wires on that truck and it works fine with the units I use.
The 2004+ F150 is very picky about placement of a transponder ring.
I always use a PKU-F2 from bypasskit.com with a "small" ring seen here. The ring sticks to the metal on the front of the key cylinder.   This setup works perfect, unlike a lot of other units/methods that I have seen that don't work when its really cold out.
These trucks are not that hard. Keep trying and you'll be able to get them to work. Also, keep reading as much as you can at sites like this and you will learn a lot about the characteristics of different vehicles
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
If you are doing a remote start without an alarm you don't have to worry about the door triggers.
Also, the 2004 and newer F150 does not come with a factory alarm, so don't go looking for any disarm wire because you won't find one.
925slave 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

OK, this is probably going to be the last post from me on this topic. I tried 1 last effort and I failed again. This time I removed everything from the vehicle and started over with a little hope. I connected the 2 power wires, starter, ignition, accessory and ground, nothing else. This looks like the bare minimum for the unit to work. I put a key in the ignition and pressed the button with the same result as before. The truck turns on, the factory security LED came on and then went off, the vehicle started and run for 2 seconds then the unit clicked again and shut off. I tried to do the tach signal but I had 14volts on the line and the unit did not recognize it so I figured I didn't do it right. So, to make a long story short, I failed and gave up. The whole unit has been removed and now I have to send everyone I had lined up to someone who knows how to put one in. I now have 4 brand new Crimestopper RS-850 remote starters for sale along with bypass modules for a 06 Ford Ecape, 05 Chevy 1500, and a 02 Toyota Camary. I also have 2 used units with the bypass modules for 2, 04 F150s but I think 1 does not work right as it will longer try to start the vehicle, or maybe it is just me. If interested please bypass this post as not to clutter it and email me direct for pricing at 925slave@bellsouth.net

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help but if it can happen, it will with me.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic