icon

code alarm ca-125 question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
i was just given a code alarm ca-125 "basic security" thing...
i have VERY limited experience with security related systems [quite a bit of car audio in the past.]
is this box all i need? i've seen some references to needing a "master" thing from code alarm as well? i just need keyless entry, don't really care for anything else. will the ca-125 do it alone? or do i need to get the master thing from code alarm as well? i haven't even looked at the box yet, it's being mailed to me. just wanna be prepared before it gets here to not be too excited. but if i can use it alone, just so i can get keyless on my 99 durango, i'd be a very happy man.
anyone have experience with the code alarm stuff?
thanks!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

ITEM WILL ONLY WORK IN YOUR CAR WITH THE MASTER MODULE MODEL (CA-425) THAT IS REQUIRED FOR USE WITH ALL CA MODELS

Stuff is sold on E-Bay all Day

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
man, that's a little annoying... oh well...
guess i'll have to track one down on eBay or something...
thanks for the heads up!
lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
is there a better way to just get keyless on my durango inexpensively? code alarm doesn't seem to be a very reputable company. i can throw this gift away and get something else, if you have any suggestions... i would just like the lights to flash and the horn to honk to let me know i'm locked or unlocked...
thanks for any advice you may have in advance!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
i lke the code alarm stuff, back in the day and even today. But not the ones with the master model, liek waht circit city sells. but there is only a few of us that liek code, and a lot of peol out there that dont. but what ever you do buy dont buy soem cheapt ass crap that no one has hear of. i was at ebay and never knew there was so many alarms out there.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Check your P M
U have Mail
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
I am really impressed with that style of Code Alarm. I wish they still made them.
Yes, your unit will require the CA-425 Master Module.
When you go on eBay, you will see that there are PLENTY of the piece you have........but the master module is become scarce...... which of course drives the price up.
As much as I say good things about those units, they have so many features that they might be confusing for a new installer, esepecially if you only want basic keyless entry.
If you look around on eBay, you can probably find a cheap keyless entry unit that costs the same (or less than) the master module, and would be simpler to install.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic