icon

2005 Tacoma remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
Why not just try actual troubleshooting, as mentioned above?
Also, is the truck an automatic? Is the remote start designed for an automatic transmission?
On manual-transmission remote starter models, the door-trigger circuit is an important part of whether the remote start will work or not.......if it's made for automatic transmissions only, it should not matter at all.
nokia15291 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2006 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  

yeah its automatic...i do have a capacitor installed for my amps..think this could be causing an issue??  has this ever caused an issue before...on my previous remote start w/o alarm it worked fine all the time...the only wire I have hooked up differently is this door trigger wire...so it has to be the one causing the issues...my previous one had stock alarm and Crimestopper RS999...I removed stock alarm and installed Crimestopper 2016 and now having these issues...used the same exact wires that i used in previous installation with no problems at all...worked all the time!!

with this model it wont even turn the ignitio on after it has been resting for some time  ::(

nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
OK  Tried everything...here is the deal...when the door trigger is removed truck started fine after sitting all night...except the alarm went off after a few seconds of it being started...so now I have to figure out how to wire a relay(s) that is 12v constant when door is closed and ground when open.....or vise versa if i have to....there is also a (+) door trigger
Chris Luongo 
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, that is really really odd; never seen a door trigger prevent a remote start from working before.
On all of the units I've installed, it doesn't matter whether the door is open/closed, alarm is armed/disarmed, or whether the door trigger is even hooked up at all.
I have a co-worker who sold Crimestopper stuff for a while; I'll call him today and see if he knows anything about it.
I know you said the truck is an automatic.....but what about the remote starter itself? Is it designed for automatic-only vehicles, or does it have a manual-transmission mode?
The reason I ask is, I don't know if you know this......but there are units made for manual-transmission cars.
The unit wants to "see" the door opening only at certain times-----if it opens at the wrong time, the unit assumes that someone entered the car, might have bumped into the gearshift, and thefore disables the remote start.
So, if you had a remote start made for a manual-transmission car, and the door trigger wasn't hooked up properly, what you describe might happen.
Also.....you said that even without door trigger connected, the alarm falses when remote starting? The LED on the dash should have a way of telling you what "zone" on the alarm was violated....what was it?
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
It is for automatic only...as for the zone that is tripped I am not quite sure about this....basically I need to wire a relay that is 12v constant when door closed and constant ground when open(which it already is)  I basically just need to keep that wire 12v until a door is open
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Why are you hooking up 3 separate door triggers???? Go to the door ajar indicator. It's green white on the back of the fuse box, top plug. Just undo all the 10mm bolts holding it in and the box will flip down to reveal the back of the box. Use this for all doors trigger.....

Sorry! this is a long thread and i didn't read far enough. Are you sure your RS is good???

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Posted: February 17, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Again, troubleshoot and correct...... definitely better than trying to Band-Aid with relays and such.
The owner's manual should give instructions on how to find out which zone was violated after the alarm has gone off.
Allow the alarm to false, find out which zone it is, and troubleshoot from there.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Woooooooohooooooooooooo

Found the problem...spoke with crimestopper for about 30 minutes today...Just needed to apply 12v to the hoodpin circuit!!!!! Let it sit for about 6 hours and truck started right up...damn those hoodpin circuits....They also informed me we do not need relays on our 2nd starter wire...just run diode stripe facing away from unit....just run brown to starter one and diode onto starter 2...all works great!!!

Thank you everyone for your ideas and help

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic