How to make one button car start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
colouny 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
I want to make one button car start. The button press should act in the flowing:
1st. press - Ignition On
DELAY - 4 SECONDS
2nd. press - activate starter to turn for 2 seconds (Handbrake on ONLY) Otherwise no funcion
3rd. press - stop the engine (with handbrake on, and brake pressed) engine must be on to make this funcion.
I have done this, with many capacitors, relays, and it was working, but with many errors, for example, when i want to turn on the ingition, it does the thing, but also starts the starter, starter must be with a delay of 3 seconds after the ignition s on.
Any ideas how to do it?
Maybe IC controled thing? I have not enough knoweledge on using, programing or controling the IC's.
Thank you all in advance.
Car Audio and car security systems installer. Best in Car audio.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  

I would be concerned about starter on for 2 seconds..what if it starts quicker?  Or takes longer? temperature will effect this. you would want an antigrind as well for safety.

Now this is a pretty cool project but will be more technical then simply using caps.

Why don't you just use a remote start unit. I don't know about all of them but DEI have a negative input wire for this purpose. You would press the button and ignition would come on and it would remote start. However shutdown would be an issue, you would need another circuit to "fake" the system into thinking the key is on before you step on the brake...then devise a shutdown.

Hmm gonna take some head scratching.  Perhaps the IC is the way to go but I am not the best one to advise there. Forgot all that stuff..lol

colouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
I also will be using a remote start, but i also need a buton start, instead of using a KEY for starting the car. The point is that i dont want to use the key at all, I need a one button start and remote start, in one system.
So as i understand i need something like engine control module, with 3 negative (-) controlling inputs. One to turn the ingnition, one to start and one to stop the engine.
If any body could help, i would apreciate this.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
don't you need some kind of key or transponder? aren't you concerned about theft?
colouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
No, no at all, I'm using also a separate security system, which doesn't alow to start the engine when it's on. I also remove the lock of the steering wheel. And there is no stock imobilizer system on it.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  

ok got it...but not al because I am getting tired..but this should work...

Use a latching relay circuit...the one where one pulse on..one pulse off...now  first pulse turns on ignition...the hand brake goes to a relay which will interupt the wire from the button and route it through a relay to the starter wire...once you park you set the brake again..the relay close the switch wire..and 2nd push shuts down...no timers needed this way..it's really simple...what do you think/  If you like the idea I can draw a diagram but need soem time I am ready for bed soon.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  

oops mean 3rd push shut down..well like this

one first push..ignition on....push again off...if want to start...push once..ignition on...release brake...push again..it starts....set brake..push again...off  simple

colouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
Your idea is good, but I'm gona post my shematic later today, and you'll gona see what i made before and it was not working the way i wanted. Maybe you'll be albe to improove it, because i'm out of ideas.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=83565&PN=1
Read that post
in that post contains a link to sump new relay bank that has inputs and outputs, and you create your own program.
This would simplify what you are trying to do.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

captainzab, I have checked out that ill logix unit and spoke to the designer a few times. Seems like an amazing piece but I don't think it is ready yet. The ill logix is still a prototype and doesn't have a controller yet..but it would be perfect i would think once its done being it is fully programmable.

But with what he wants to do I really could set up an inexpensive relay circuit to do basically the same thing..he just might need to compromise a little bit for start by using the hand brake, which with all common sense you could release before you start since it means you are going to drive it. Then to shut the ignition you park...set the brake and push the button..so simple I can't see why not to do it.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic