icon

my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  

i have a system that consist of  and i want you all to rate it and tell me what you think of it. i did all the wiring and the designing and so forth.

1-Audiobahn 4x6  set as46q

1 -Audiobahn 6x9 set as69q
Jvc deck 20x4  jvckd-adv6270
1- Alpine tweeter set 
2-Audiobahn tweeter  set
1-Alpine 5x7/tweeter set
4-Audiobahn subs  aw1251se
1-Audiobahn a2200hct
2-Audiobahn a2002t

2-legacy 3 farad capacitors

4-pyramid 7" headrest tvs

2-7" sunvisors

all wired in stinger speaker and power wire  big three setup

1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
You SERIOUSLY don't want people here to rate that system... It's gonna get around -4, on average. Audioburn is generally regarded as garbage gear, all around, and you have too many tweeters. 8 tweeters?!?! In addition to what's in the coaxials?
That's gonna sound horrendous, at best. So, I personally rate it a zero. I don't think I could even SIT in that car, let alone listen to it.
Wax the caps, wax ALL the Audiobohm stuff, and put some real equipment in. The only thing I might even CONSIDER keeping would be the JVC head (and there is better for the same money). If you haven't laid out your hard earned bennies for that stuff yet, DONT!!! Thank goodness you asked first. If you have, I'm VERY sorry for your loss.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
I have to agree. I dont like audiobahn at all. A friend of mine has 2 12" audiobahn's and they sounded horrible. Had no difference in bass frequencies and all mooshed together. But then again he was running it off a pyramid amp. Im not a fan of audiobahn at all. But I also look at it this way... If you like the way your system sounds, then that is all that matters. Your the one that site in the car and listens to it. Not haemphyst, myself or anyone else. Its just all out of opinion. I like the way my system sounds but I know others will disagree.
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks for the replies so far but haemphyst what are you working with?
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

Yup, it's all personal preference. I've seen systems with all junk equipment that actually sounded good and high dollar systems that sounded like crap to me. Everyone has their own taste. If you like it then that's all that matters. I'm not going to bash anything unless I see it and hear it. Brand names, amount of speakers, etc don't mean squat to me so.

I'll throw in a personal example. My very first "system" included cheap Radio Shack speakers for mids and highs ran off  Walmart special eq/boosters (2 of them), a craig amp from some auto parts store pushing a pair of old RF Series 1 subs, and the only nice thing was the old Alpine cassette deck, impressive huh. The guys at the car audio shop that installed the deck for me had to ask how the heck I wired everything up so they could install the deck right, laughing the whole time of course, but when they got done and turned it on, they were actually impressed. So, in my mind, with some creativity, low grade stuff can be used and sound good to certain people.

You'll have a hard time getting people on this site to praise your system, so don't take it too hard. I love this site cause you can get alot of very useful information and will learn alot if you pay attention and take it all in. But you will find alot of the recommendations on equipment are the high dollar stuff that alot of people cannot just run out and buy. And a majority of the time that saying of you get what you pay for does apply to car audio, like alot of things, but not always. It's all in what you want out of it and what sounds/looks good to you.

So, after all my rambling, if you are happy with the system then congrats on it, I hope it serves you well.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

Here is what I am working with:

Panasonic HR1003U headunit

1 farad American pro cap

pair Earthquake 12" DBX single coil subs

pair Earthquake F6X9 (on my rear seats)

pair Earthquake F4X6

4 Power Acoustik NB-1 tweeters

Soundstorm F4100 amp

Kole Audio XP2-2000 Nitric amp

Earthquake TNT 600 amp

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

If I were trolling for flames, just to be intentionally funny, I couldn't have done it better than this!

Jahmal, why ask for opinions AFTER it's all installed?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Its sounds great the tweeters a mids are at the right level and 1 thing I learned about audiobahn subs and that if you put them in a box with little cubic space but if you put them in a rather larger box the results are great I had my whole trunk sound deadend everyone is entitled to their opnion. I have to agree with tdsteele I've seen some radio shack equip sound good . For example radio shack came out with a brand of subs called pro series and they give deep bass for a radio shack sub .
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
yea there arent many people on here that will say that someone elses system is great. Mostly everyone thinks their system is the best and that is ok. I just dont like those who diss someone elses system. It only matters to that person and nobody else. But also dont take negative comments to heart.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
But is is very true that you can take a very great sub and make it sound like crap. And you can take a crappy sub and make it sound great. It all depends on how the enclosure is built and what you have powering it.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic