the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5900 diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
smart choice that your bringint it to a pro shop. Im not saying you cant do it alone, its just the question about the "testlight" gave me a sense that your heading for some knee deep shoveling. I; myself if someone brought parts to me i wouldnt install it cuz if something went wrong then it would be my fault. If it was ur supplies and sumthing goes wrong i wouldnt really warrenty it. But yea ask ahead and see if the installer will install parts you buy. Relays for 2 bucks if wholesale and for your car; 5 relays in sufficiant. as for diodes a pack of 100 is 15, they will run you 10 cents or less per diode.
matrixlu21 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

hey!  so i've got everything except the relays.  I was looking through ebay and there were different types of the 30/40 amps SPDT relays.  could you link me to an auction page that is selling the appropriate kinds that I'll need?

honestly, i wouldn't be able to do install the alarm alone, let alone choose the needed instruments for it, that's why i'm on this forum getting help.  haha.  it's all good.  i spoke to the installer and they said the diodes were included in the installation price but the relays were seperate at $10 each.  thought i'd get a small bulk off ebay for less.  i'd appreciate it if you could point me to a good listing on ebay because i've checked and they are all different.  thanks mate!  i appreciate all your help.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

ebay links dont work in the forum, but you can c/p into your browser.

http://..ca/10-PACK-30-40-AMP-RELAY-HARNESS-SPDT-12V-BOSCH-STYLE_W0QQitemZ220215507824QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6779QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

the link is for 10 relays with 10 harnesses. are you sure that the shop will install the parts you buy?

matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

they said they'd use the one's i brought, otherwise, it would  be $10 for each relay they have to provide. 

thanks

matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

not trying to be confusing or irratating with my questions, but i was just looking through the directedstore.com and they have the:

610T relay and  8617 relay.  what is the difference with those and the SPDT 12V from ebay?

sorry.  thought i'd check all my options with DEI before getting off brand ones.  .  thanks

oscar16 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
hi i have a problem cuz i install the alarm but at the time that i install also the 508D Field Disturbance (Radar) Sensor, itńs mark on the control as shock trigger and i the guy who install the alarm tried to do a relay but he conected the green and blu wire form the field ditrunbance radar direct to the brain andhe told me that that´s a relay but is still the same so do i have necesarrily to buy a relay diodes??? or what can i do so it cn be mark as separete sensor the shock sensor and the field disturbance thanks o i have the viper 7900 and can some one tell me what its the sensor adjustment also that it sould appear on the remote control bnut it doesnt i ssaw that on anoteher web page thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Oscar16. You need to start a new thread. (create a new topic)

And also, if you can, get some help with your composing of the "question" It's VERY hard to read and understand.

Where are you located?  USA? Somewhere else?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic