icon

what gauge wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
lol pilot...its ALL power wire...the wire from the battery feeds power to the amplifier and the wire from the amplifier feeds power to the speakers...what arent you understanding here?
Kimber 12ga is the same as Stinger 12ga is the same as generic 12ga is the same as Monster Cable 12ga...its all 12ga OFC wire...period...
I will respect your opinion when it is correct...but if you continue to feed this BS to others, I will continue to let everyone know how big an idiot you really are...
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, enough with the Jensen bashing, I never claimed it was any good. Just gotta get the money for a new amp. And second of all, CV Strokers are VERY good subs. Third of all, JL does not make the best amps, though they are very good (yes, better than Jensen lol)
2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
pilot_chris 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
You've obviously never even seen Kimber cable then have you?
This is Kimber:
http://www.kimber.com/8pr.htm
If you think that looks like generic audio cable then you need to have your eyes checked! Twisted audio cable maintains signal integrity, something that is not necessary for the power wire from the battery to the amps because it is just raw power. It's seems YOU can't even understand the basics of car audio so you should just leave this forum.
95 Cavalier 2.2L
High Output Alternator
Rockford 1 Farad Punch Capacitor
JL 500/1 for RF Punch HX2 500 watt RMS subs
MTX 4244 4 channel for Polk & Pioneer door and rear deck speakers
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
here you go pilot...you wouldnt go to carsound so I went there for you...
http://www.carsound.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=020979
anyone who isnt familiar with who Richard Clark is may want to read a little more into the car audio industry...
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Big Purds, it's obvious that no one is going to change pilot_chris' mentality. Some people are just born stubborn. Best thing I can suggest is if he want's to keep on believing that one piece of OFC is going to be better than another because of what name is on it, price, appearance, ect., then let him keep on believing that. He can keep paying those outrages prices and keep making the big companies richer. Big companies need people like pilot_chris! But pilot_chris, don't try to spread that bs here...'cause it just won't go!!!
pilot_chris 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you guys want your systems to sound inferior you just keep on running crap wire and let the rest of us enjoy great audio.
95 Cavalier 2.2L
High Output Alternator
pilot_chris 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah ok Terd, you're gonna try to vindicate your position by posting your argument here on another website? Yeah, that will surely help.
95 Cavalier 2.2L
High Output Alternator
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
I asked richard clark that question because he more than qualifies as a professional in this subject...I asked him because you insist you are right when the majority of us know that you are wrong...
it doesnt appear that you are going to concede here and admit that you are wrong, so I sourced out an answer by a professional so people who arent as educated as myself dont buy into this sh*t you are preaching...
I am also hoping to educate you as well as the people you have taught wrong into not buying into the BS marketing that some companies use to bring them business...
it all boils down to what I originally said, wire is wire...I hope you can see this now...or do you still not believe me?
pilot_chris 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I'll never believe you since I've heard the difference for myself - how could you ever talk me out of believing what I've heard in person? Give up.
95 Cavalier 2.2L
High Output Alternator
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
if you can hear the difference, why dont you go and take richard clark up on his test and walk away with an extra $10K in your pocket...
I can understand though, if I went out and blew a whole a*sload of money on Kimber Cable, I would probably try to justify it by pretending to hear a difference as well...lol...you got took and cant admit it...psycho-acoustics can be a b*tch, cant they?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic