icon

06 f250 diesel, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 601
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, from a PROFESSIONAL installer, use the Dome Supervision wire. It is BLACK/ Light Blue found in the passenger kick or cluster, blue plug, pin26 and is +. It comes on whenever ANY door is opened. No diodes needed.
06 f250 diesel, viper 5901 - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Gary Sather
tonanzith 
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, the post didn't post everything after the photo. Hook up the dome supervision wire to ANY of the door trigger wires using a relay.
Gary Sather
party_boy114 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

sorry may be a stupid question but what would hooking dome supervision wire to the door trigger do?

When i lock the truck with the remote, the dome light stays on till timeout, is the only way to shut that light off, is to connect the lock wire from the alarm to the bcm and not at the driver side kick?

06 F250 PSD Crew FX4
tonanzith 
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Doing so it makes the vehicle think a door is open while it sends a signal, in turn it turns on the dome light through the bcm.
Gary Sather
party_boy114 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
So then i would still have to wait for the timeout period of the domelight before i can lock/arm?
06 F250 PSD Crew FX4
party_boy114 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know how to or what wire to hook up the lock wire to so the dome light shuts off when the alarm/doors are armed/locked?
06 F250 PSD Crew FX4
party_boy114 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

Nevermind, i just programed the alarm to turn off door chirp.

06 F250 PSD Crew FX4
wmccue 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys thanks for all the help, got the 01 superduty up and running with the new 5902 alarm.

I had trouble with the door triggers getting a false alarm after about 45 minutes of being armed. so i went back did a double diode isolation on each door and ran a new trigger wire to the negative trigger input on the alarm for each door. Problem solved works like a charm.

Now i'm curios if my shock sensor is working and also if my tilt sensor is working, I have the shock sensor up to 13 and when i kick the tires slap the windshield or even jump up and down on the back bumper, no triggers go off?? I'm assuming 15 is the most sensitive and 1 would be the least is this correct? I wired the tilt sensor to orange ground when armed, red to 12 v power and light blue to the negative door trigger is this right?

Any thoughts or comments?

2001 F-250 7.3l powerstroke diesel crew cab without keyless entry
wmccue 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hello again

I'm back with new problems...and  I thought all the fun was over!

Well I read back through these posts because i thought either Tony G or Party Boy had an issue with the radio. But seems mine is a new and unique problem.

I have three issues, one is that the Radio powers on when the key is turned back to acessories position, but does not power on in the on position.

The second is the truck only starts when the door to the cab is closed, I used to be able to open the door and reach in and start the vehicle while standing outside, now it will only start by remote or when in the cab and the door is closed. 

Last problem may be just a feature of the alarm ...........the windows will not work untill the dome light timer goes off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2001 F-250 7.3l powerstroke diesel crew cab without keyless entry
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic