icon

soundstream amps/audiobahn subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

i have a brand new battery and alternator im not sure how to determine what the power req. for the xover is.... however i dont think its much cause its a cheap radioshack one..... before i had it wired to the amp......

wvsquirrel if you get a chance can you draw me out a diagram for the power system wiring diagram as well as the subs.... i would really appreciate it as i am new to this game(with high power stuff any ways)

today i ordered the jbl bp1200.1 + i have a 2.4 digital cap + a 1 in 4 out distro block + the xover....you can email me at fatdaddyjoe@yahoo.com if you want thanks again for all the help........................joe

the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
No probs, check back in about 30 minutes and I should have one posted for you (it won't be high quality, but it should deffinately work!)
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot man i appreciate it
can you feel it ?????
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know the make/model of the X-Over so I didn't show the connections between the X-Over and the amp (I also didn't know what other speakers you were wiring into it).
The Cap looks like it has 2 positive terminals, but it really doesn't, I drew it like I did for continuity.
Hope this helps...
soundstream amps/audiobahn subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
I can't edit my other post right now, so here's another shot (I had to edit the pic a little)...
soundstream amps/audiobahn subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
should i run the rca cables from the radio to the sub input on the xover then to the amp input??? is that right??? thanks for all the help squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, if you are planning on using the external crossover to control the signal going to the subs, then run the RCA's from the headunit to the crossover's input, then from the crossover's output the amplifier.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2003 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
hey squirrel  i found out today that the jbl amp is on back order and they dont know when it will ship so i cancelled the order... they offered me a MA AUDIO HK1997 THE SPECS ARE 1X600@4 OHMS AND 1X1200@2 OHMS PLUS ITS $40 CHEAPER WILL THIS DO THE SAME????? ITS ONLY $210 IS THAT COOL.... LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GET THIS AMP PURCHASE DONE AND OVER WITH........... THANKS AGAIN   JOE
can you feel it ?????
wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 20, 2003 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
Between the 2, I would have stuck with the JBL.
I hate giving specs that I don't know (or can't quote). I'm not a professional installer or retailer, so my equipment knowledge is limited, but I've read rave reviews on the JBL 1200.1 and know it would have done what you needed. The MA Audio I'm not sure about.
The MA Audio site shows specs that say 1200 x 1 @ 2ohms, but the manual says 1000 x 1 @ 2ohms. So I'm inclined to lean towards the 1200x1 specs being based off of a 14.4volt system, and the 1000x1 specs being based off of a 12volt system.
The HK1997 is also only a Class AB amp (even though it is a mono amp). You can use Class AB's to run subs, but they were mainly designed to run mid's and high's. Class D amps are designed specifically to run subs, and run them hard! The 1200.1 was a Class D.
The price looks reasonable though (again I'm not in retail so I don't know the current "list price"). I ran a quick search and found that amp averaging $400 on the web.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic