icon

viper 5704 into 2002 f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sujumptd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I think I'm starting to get this. Just to make it clear for anyone else wondering what the cut green to starter/key side means. You actually have to "cut" the green starter wire (did not know this) and attach the violet wire to the "cut" green wire now going to the starter and the other "cut" green wire that now leads to the key side. Silly me, I finally realized I had to "actually cut" the green wire. Daaaa!
Anyway,
I think I'm close to being done with the standard alarm install. Could you please double check me.
Thanks
-Main Harness, 6-pin connector
-H1/1: Red, (+)12VDC Constant Input. [connected]
-H1/2:Black, (-) Chassis ground. [Connected]
-H1/3:Brown, (+) Siren Output. [Connected]
-H1/4:WHITE/ Brown, Parking light isolation wire-pin 87a of onboard relay [not used]
-H1/5:White, Parking light output. [connected]
-H1/6:Orange, (-)500mA Ground when armed output, [Not Connected, do I need this or is optional?]
Aux/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector
-H2/1:Pink/White, (-) 200mA Ignition/Flex relay control output [Not connection, don't think I need this]
-H2/2:BLACK/ White, (-) Neutral safety input. [Connected to ground on Chassis]
-H2/3:Blue/White, (-) 200mA 2nd status/rear defogger output [Not connected/ not used]
-H2/4:GREEN/ Black, (-) 200mA OEM Alarm disarm output. [Connection Pending]
-H2/5:RED / White, (-) 200mA Truck Release output. [Not Connected/Not used]
-H2/6:Green, (-) Door trigger input (n/c or n/o). [Not Connected/Dont' know if I need]
-H2/7:BLACK / YELLOW, (-) 200mA Done light supervision output. [Connection Pending]
-H2/8:BROWN / Black,(-)200mA Horn honk output. [Connected]
-H2/9:Dark Blue, (-) 200mA status output. [Not Connected/Do I need this one?]
-H2/10:Pink, (-) 200mA Ignition 1 output. [Not Connected/is this one optional?]
-H2/11:WHITE/ Black, (-) 200mA AUX 3 output. [Not Connected]
-H2/12:Violet, (+) door trigger input. [connected to BLACK/ blue wire in drivers kick panel, opens all doors]
-H2/13:WHITE/ Violet, (-) 200mA Aux 1 output. [Not connected/ is optional]
-H2/14:Violet/Black, (-) 200mA Aux 2 output. [Not connected/ is optional]
-H2/15:ORANGE / Black, (-) 200mA Aux 4 output. [Not connected/ is optional]
-H2/16:Brown, (+) Brake Shutdown Input. [Connected]
-H2/17:Grey, (-) Hood pin input (n/c or n/o). [Connected]
-H2/18:Violet / YELLOW, (-) 200mA Starter output. [Not connected/ is optional]
-H2/19:Blue, (-)Truck pin/instant trigger input (n/c or n/o). [Not connected/ is optional]
-H2/20:Grey/Black, (-) Diesel Wait to start input. [Not connected, think I can set timer on remote?]
-H2/21:WHITE/ Blue, (-) Remote start/turbo timer activation input. [Not connected, don't know if I need?]
-H2/22:Orange, (-) 200mA Accessory output. [Not connected/optional]
-H2/23:Violet/White, tachometer input. [Connected]
-H2/24:GREEN / WHITE, (-) 200mA OEM alarm arm ouput. [Connection pending]
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
-H3/1:Pink, (+) Ignition 1 input/output. [connected]
-H3/2:RED / White, (+) Fused (30A) ignition 2 / Flex relay input 87. [Connected]
-H3/3:Orange, (+) Accessory Output. [connected]
-H3/4:Violet, (+) Starter output (starter kill). [Connected]
-H3/5:Green, (+) Starter input (key side of the starter kill). [Connected]
-H3/6:Red, (+) Fused (30A)ignition 1 input. [connected]
-H3/7:Pink/White, (+) Ignition 2/ Flex Relay output. [connected]
-H3/8:Pink/Black, (+) Flex relay input 87a key side (if required) of flex relay. [Not used]
-H3/9:RED / Black, (+) Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter input. [Connected]
-H3/10: not used
sujumptd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hey there,
Okay, I've managed to make all or most of the right connections. Remote start, alarm sound, door locks, parking light flash all work right. As far as the OEM Alarm disarm or arm wires are concerned. Do they actually need to be connected or can I just configure that in the Viper 5704 control center with out connecting these wires?
Thanks again.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
The Vipers H2/24 Arm and H2/4 Disarm output wires are used to  arm & disarm the vehicles' Factory Alarm
system.  Does your F350 have the Factory Alarm system?    ( I  don't see any Factory Alarm system wires listed
for the F350 truck.)  If you don't have the Factory Alarm system, you don't need to connect these two Viper wires.
Soldering is fun!
sujumptd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, my 2002 F350 does have a factory alarm. Reason I was asking is that the viper 5704 has a "Remote Pairing" function which is: a process where the Responder LC and the system in the vehicle learn each others encrypted identification, securing their communication from intruders.
Was wondering if the Viper alarm takes over the OEM arm/disarm function or do I still have to connect these wires. If so, where are the wires I need to connect them to?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

The Viper Remote Pairing process only mates ( or sync's ) those specific Viper FOB's to the Viper brain.  It really

has nothing to do with the vehicle.  I usually perform this pairing process, prior to vehicle install, during "bench prep"
when I do the brain to bypass wiring and initial programming and set-up.

The Vipers connections are to allow the Viper to interface / control the Factory Alarm.  It will turn it OFF prior to a

remote start and with the Unlock output.  It will turn it ON with a Lock output and after a remote start shutdown /
timeout.

As for the Viper to truck Factory Alarm Arm and Disarm wires, here is all I can find.

Bulldog Security - Alarm Disarm = N.A.
 Ready Remote - Nothing listed beside the Factory Alarm / Disarm items.
 Audiovox has this entry :   Alarm Disarm    DARK GREEN/ VIOLET    With no polarity or location info.
 Omega shows no info next to the Alarm wire entries.

Check for this Dark/Green Disarm wire at the door harness or the VSM.  Here is a note from Bulldog on the VSM :

NOTE #3: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is located to the RIGHT of the GAS PEDAL, just above
the transmission hump and below the RADIO, it is NOT ACCESSIBLE from the radio opening.

The last 2002 Duper Duty I did was a 10 bolt F250 with a V-10 that didn't have any alarm system.  Perhaps

another Forum Member has additional info on these wires.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic