the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

amp for four 12 alpine type r 4 ohm dvc?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akickz 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Right now i have some decent amps running my alpines. They were purchased locally and known around where i live for being decent quality. but i've heard stories that they arent so decent after all, and my alpines are not playing at their full potential. Im looking for a nice amp (or amps) to run my alpine, a friend of mine pointed me toward quantum audio ( http://www.quantumaudio.net/cozmikamp.htm ) but i never heard of them. I've been looking at Hifonics but they arent CEA compliant, so i was looking over at JBL and MTX. any insight?
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
So what kind of amps are these not so decent amps?
How are these amps set up?
How many channels?
How many watts max?
How many watts rms?
What ohm are they stabel at?
What type of enclosure do u have them in?
I think maybe you left out a little information.maybe its just the way they are set up
well?
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
big sexy lac wrote:
So what kind of amps are these not so decent amps?
How are these amps set up?
How many channels?
How many watts max?
How many watts rms?
What ohm are they stabel at?
What type of enclosure do u have them in?
I think maybe you left out a little information.maybe its just the way they are set up
Each two type-r's are running to each amp, they run at 4 ohms pushing a little over 1000W bridged to each two speakers. Trust me they play real good, pound REAL hard, but its just my friend had a bad experience with the company, gravity, and im starting to have the same. he said the amps demand too much power and they start to mess up my electrical system, draining my battery and messing up my alternator, which they are. he said he kilt two of his batteries with this amp, and I even got a yellow top optima and a 3 farad cap in the back! so i just want some new amps.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously why won't you just tell us what amps you have?
We can't help you without knowing where your are now.
I highly doubt the amps are pushing 1000 watts to each sub. I know a Type R can handle it but I highly doubt your amp is capable of putting out 1000 watts.
1000 REAL watts is PLENTY for a single Type R...
What enclosure do you have now??
n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

aznboi3644 wrote:
I highly doubt the amps are pushing 1000 watts to each sub. ?

so do I, especially since he said 1000w for each PAIR.

akickz - if your amps are an honest 1000w rms I'm not sure how much you'd have to gain simply by changing amps.

even if your car's voltage is dropping quite a bit - say down to 12v, a decent amp should still produce something NEAR rated power.

It wouldn't hurt to look into a class D (assuming yours isn't) that's around 2000w at 2 ohms.  The massive audio p3000.1 looks interesting.  Supposedly over 80% efficient and capable of 2700w at 2 ohms.  You could set the gain conservatively and that amp shouldn't even break a sweat.

Another option, as the other posters mentioned is to look into a different enclosure.  If your box is sealed a custom ported encl can make a BIG difference.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
ahh I didn't see the per pair part.
If you want to upgrade and amp I'd look into a new HO Alt
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
i told you the amp is produced by gravity. and my car is a 1999 buick park avenue supercharged, i was told they come with HO alt's because everything in the car is electric, heated seats, electric seats, other crap too. but my car used to run constantly at 13.4v , and drop in the 12v when a big bass would hit. but now my bass is dropping into low 11v's high 10v's after a few months on my setup, my batt isnt recharging i think the amps are suckin too much power. my friend says the amps demand too much power so im looking at a kicker kx2500.1 . just wanted other peoples opinions
strassehase3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
if your just looking for opinions ......... the alpine PDX1.1000 pushes those subs nicely amp for four 12 alpine type r 4 ohm dvc? -- posted image..  you need to run at least 2AWG to each amp though kuz they can draw 100a  per amplifier.  plus if you want to run more amps, the whole PDX line has the same footprint demensions ..... AND IT'S SMALL ... designed to stack multiple units..... good looking amp.    makes the install possabilities almost endless.  kinda pricey though.
brad
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
yah see price is a issue. those amps run for $400-$500 each. where i can get the kicker for $500. but right now i have a 4 awg running from my battery to my optima in the back, i was thinking about running a 0/1 or 2 awg? maybe that would help with the power? and run the 4 awg in the back 2 the amps from the cap?
kylecm85 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
u might look at the mtx 1501d it pushes 1500 at 1 ohm which u would probably want to do two of them they draw about 150 amps of current a piece which would put u at 300 amps which is alot of current  but most big amps draw alot of power but they are good and easy to find.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic