icon

remote starter, 05 ram 3500 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aziegler 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the responses,  Put together I was able to figure our the lock & unlock circuits.  The directions for the Autopage rs727 for the resistor size did not work on my vehicle.  With some experimenting I found that a 1Kohm lock and 33ohm unlock through relays worked. The parking light also worked with a 330ohm resistor through a relay.

I have a couple remaining issues that I would like to figure out. The instruction state that the dome light needs to be connected for the alarm to function.  There is n reference for the dome light wire in the data sheet.  Does anyone have any information on the location/color of this wire?

ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
try
ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
sorry, try brown in dr a pillar
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
azeigler....did you get all your stuff figured out??  I am working the exact truck and exact model RS as you did.....any info you have would be awesome!!  Particular....how did you wire all the dang ignition and acc wires for the truck??  I'm sure through some relays...but how did all yours come together and how is it working out for ya??  Thanks.
aziegler 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Paul,

I believe our RS727 had two ignition and two accessory leads.  The ignition I hooked up according to the data sheet from AutoPage.  The first accessory wire  was also hooked up according to the data sheet but for the second accessory wire I used an old modified test light with +12 volts on it and I probed the remaining pink wires with the heater fan on high until I found the correct one that activated the fan. That is where I hooked the second accessory wire. It has been working great.

I know you will hear not to jumper your accesory wires together.  I used to have a different RS in this same truck and that is what the previous manufacturer recommended and that is the way I ran it for over a year with no issues. 

If you PM me your email address I will send you the data sheet and the light and door lock documents from Autopage.

AZ

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
paul h, autopage units have alot of outputs that are easily configurable  (known as fifth relay). With the placement of a jumper, you can program the unit to do acc, ignition or watever.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic