the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 silverado alarm, rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
autopage rarely have a defective units; just like DEI products. of maybe 100, u find the odd 1 or 2. autopage is reliable and durable from what i have seen.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you update us on the solution.....
xxajohnsonxx 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I am almost positive they forgot the 2nd ignition wire or are using a system that they did not set the jumpers properly to do second ignition.
If you dont do second ignition on this car and you remote start the vehicle you can SERIOUSLY SCREW something up
bvic01 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, shop called and said they completely removed the alarm and it was no longer happening. Obviously it was the alarm. The RS-1000 is not an alarm they normally sell but was a special order item so instead of putting a new one on they are swapping it out for a comparable clifford for no upcharge. Either way im satisfied. Only difference is no color remote. Big whoop right. I should get the truck back today or tomorrow.
bvic01 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
ok....more bad news. The hsop installed a clifford 50.5x in place of the rs-100 for no extra charge as they should have done, but the problem seems to have reappeared with the new alarm. Spoke to the owner a few minutes ago over the phone and he told me they have isolated the issue so now it only does it when the truck is remote started but not when it started with the key.   That's progress i guess. At least it's safely driveable if i start it with the key. He said they were about to get tech support on the phone to see if there is a fix for the issue. he never specified what part was causing the issue. i guess is hould have asked but oh well. As long as my truck gets fixed it doesn't matter to me. Does anybody have any clue what could cause this? He said he'd never seen this issue on all the cars they've done. He said my truck was their most common type of vehicle and this is the first one to do this. Any input from ya'll?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
its probably the install. i dont blame the truck. if you can start it fine without any problems with the key, but during remote start it acts all funny, its the install for sure.. Autopage and Clifford (DEI) are great companies.
speed of sound 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen an installer go through the fire wall through the factory rubber grommet and break a few wires forcing a long flat head screwdriver through it.  Needless to say his lazy a## got fired.  Check to make sure ignition #2 white wire is being powered up by remote starter as an ignition wire.  Not doing so will ruin your transmission.  Also check that tach wire is not grounding out, and last check the diagnostic OBD-II plug wire purple not grounding out
Speed of Sound Technologies
230 pershing Dr
Ansonia, CT 06401
203-954-0066
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic