icon

2003 chevy silverado hd rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
helmsb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
How many 12 volt constant wires do you have?  Just did an install that the rs had 2 and plus 1 that said to use if needed. When I hooked it up everything was fine. The problem was the volts were droping when the rs was used so all the acc did not get powered up right.
foxgt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
helmsb wrote:
How many 12 volt constant wires do you have? Just did an install that the rs had 2 and plus 1 that said to use if needed. When I hooked it up everything was fine. The problem was the volts were droping when the rs was used so all the acc did not get powered up right.
there are 2 +12V constants on the Remote Start
I will have to measure the exact value of voltage going to the ACC circuit in the car after remote start, but it did not seem abnormal to me (greater than 12.6V)
helmsb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
the voltage on mine was droping during the rs then would jump up after start.
foxgt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
helmsb wrote:
the voltage on mine was droping during the rs then would jump up after start.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an accessory circuit supposed to not have power during crank, and only come on after the vehicle has been started? Therefore during RS there would be a drop in voltage (technically to 0, if even for a split second)
The only possibility that this could be effecting that I could see, is not enough power to the ACC circuit during RS. I will do a voltage comparison both with regular and remote start tomorrow to try to deem if this is the problem.
Autostart Tech support recommended wiring up a relay to power 2nd ACC (brown wire), but I doubt this will solve the problem, as he didn't even seem to know what he was talking about, or understand my problem.
cluce1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
foxgt--Doing a search I found this thread and have some of the same issues with a 2003 Silverado. Were you able to resolve the issues? I installed yesterday and the antitheft light stays on sometimes and the same guages on my truck don't work until I leave the rs mode.
cluce1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
antitheft light goes out if you turn the key to start
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic