icon

2007 kia sedona, immobilizer or not?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj hellfire 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Got another remote start to do on a 2007 Kia Sedona minivan.  I just checked Circuit Citys website and it's telling me it requires an immobilizer bypass.  I just want to be 100% sure the vehicle does have an immobilizer or not because last time I listened to circuit city's site for my mother-in-laws 02 Rav4, I ended up bying a bypass for nothing because it did not have an immobilizer.  So does anyone know for sure if the Kia has one?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Astrochart says yes, wiremagic does as well.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
To throw some more info at you...DEI also lists that the 07 Sedona has an immobilizer with this note:
"Only EX models with the Luxury Package have the immobilizer system."
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
rav 4 here in canada are all equipt with immobilizers. I can confirm the sedona does have an immobilizer. (transponder). (audiovox and scytek) as twelvolts mentioned, not all sedonas have the immobilzer. When you purchased the bypasskit from circuit city, did you buy the one where you will place the key inside? or is it the data one? because if you dont mind placing a key inside then a relay or the key in box will work. just my 2 cents, i suggest data. no key wasted, reliable.  
dj hellfire 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
rav 4 here in canada are all equipt with immobilizers. I can confirm the sedona does have an immobilizer. (transponder). (audiovox and scytek) as twelvolts mentioned, not all sedonas have the immobilzer. When you purchased the bypasskit from circuit city, did you buy the one where you will place the key inside? or is it the data one? because if you dont mind placing a key inside then a relay or the key in box will work. just my 2 cents, i suggest data. no key wasted, reliable.  

I didn't buy it yet, but it's the type where you put the key in the box.  But now I will have to ask my wifes aunt if it's an EX.  Might not be, though!  But do you mind going into detail about the relay method or providing a link?  Thanks!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

if you dont mind wasting a key and a 8 bucks for a relay then this is your cheapest solution. wireup your relay like so.

85 - constant 12v

86 - ground out when running from RS
87 - connect 20 - 22 gauge wire that is fairly long. wrap around the ey cylinder 4 - 6 times, route it back down to your relay, Wrap the wire around your hey 4 - 8 times, and connect the unconnected end to 30.
30 - un connected end of 20 or 22 gauge wire.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

The owners manual will tell you how to determine if it has a transponder key or not. I have done several that have a standard key requiring no bypass.

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
patmar 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
wrap the key with foil and try start van if start don't have immo
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2008 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
If in Canada and Kia was manufactured in Canada, more then likely it has an immobilizer system. If in US and made in Korea, then no immobilizer system.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic