icon

2008 legacy remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
derekrobi 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Has anybody install a R/S on a 2008 Legacy - if so, what bypass did you use, just a universal such as 556U or a specific one (I do not have access to the "Dealer Tool" to program a firmware one) -  I have an auto so it would be an easy install if anybody knows what bypass has been used in one before - I am guessing they haven't changed much from 2005-2008 - thanks guys!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

if 08, try the data module from fortin. PATS-SUBARU.

https://ifar.ca/en/products/all_products/pats-subaru/?year=2008&make=202&model=2596

fortin makes them easy  to install about 15 min. super easy programming. thing is with DEI 555u, it sucks that you have to waste a key,w but if u dont mind then by all means. you can save if u decide to leave a key inside. no need for the 555u, a relay and some wire will do the same.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

actually, sorrry bout that, that kit does require a scan tool. i guess you best bet is 555u or a relay and somee wire.

85 - constant 12

86 - ground when running
87 - 22gauge wire wrap around key cylinder 4 -6 times. route it back to relay, wrap that wire around the key 4-8 times
30 - connect the 22gauge unconnected end.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Subaru keys are really sensitive to cold weather. Making a bypass as described above will work fine when hot, but will often fail once it is extremely cold. I suggest using the 556U with the valet key.
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you, I can use a 556U, that's great, do I have to deal with the coil or is there a way to hard wire it in - reason I ask, is I just put a R/S in my wife's Civic and there really was NO room to stuff the coil so I opted to buy the PKH34 and wire it in.  Any idea if there's room in there or how I can hard wire it before I tear my column apart?  Thanks a bunch again guys - JWorm, you are in NH, where abouts?  I'm in Manchester.

derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Also - I am considering the CompuStar 2W900FMR, I can get it for a good price ($160) for just the start function which is all I want - if I do not hook up all the other features (trunk, door, hood status, etc) does anybody know if they will always show on the remote LCD as open or will it disable them?  All I really want is a 2-way R/S so I know if the car has started from my desk at work.
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

Does anybody have confirmation that 2008 Legacy has the same wiring as 2005 Legacy?

Thank you!

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Wiring is the same. My mother has a 2008 automatic. I just put a remote start in it 2 months ago. Same as the 2005. I am in Nashua. There is plenty of room for the coil of the 556U. The remote for the 2W900FM will not show the doors, hood or trunk open on just the remote start. Hooking up the hood or door inputs would do nothing.
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hey JWorm, thanks a ton - I appreciate your info and experience - I think I may try to tackle this one, I'm sure I'll have more questions, so don't forget about me haha, I'll have to buy you a beer sometime if I can get this working
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Okay - need to poll the audience, got the R/S all wired up and need to find a good tach signal, wire diagram says pink to RED / white at the ECM behind the glove box - having a hard time finding this wire and hard time actually finding the ECM because its crammed up so high - any suggestions?  2008 Legacy SE 4cyl auto - compustar 2w900FMR - 556U - I have everything else done anybody have a picture or better description?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic