icon

2008 legacy remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
You can try revving the engine a little bit while you program the tach, bump it up a couple hundred rpm's.
derekrobi 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

usabuilt wrote:
You can try revving the engine a little bit while you program the tach, bump it up a couple hundred rpm's.

Wouldn't I want to learn the tach at the lowest sustainable number?  To make sure the rpms achieve that number or HIGHER to tell the R/S the vehicle is running?

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

something doesn't sound right... you're using voltage sensing WITH tach? Your best bet would be to go to the injector wire or alternator in the engine bay and acquire a good, reliable tach signal... i'm my experience those tach signals accessed from ECU's in the car's cabin are not as reliable .. as mentioned, in extreme cold, they do not come on right away and the car may overcrank, etc...

Hopefully your fix works.. but if it fails again, i think a good tach signal would do the trick. 

The search function is your friend.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
And yes, you want the engine to start at the lowest possible rpm so as to not overcrank the engine and ruin the OEM starter...  sometimes I'll even put the e-brake on, put the car into reverse or drive (with foot on brake as well) and learn the tach with the rpms dropped even lower now that it's in gear...
The search function is your friend.
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I was confused in my reply earlier - yes I am using a tach signal, from the ECU for ease of access, if I have to go to the engine bay, I will, its just not prefferable to get an injector off the side of the engine (boxter style = pain in the ___) - the option menu has a setting that allows the unit to change the crank time based on the resting vehicle voltage (from what I understand of reading it and I could be wrong- it being the CM4200 "brain" option table .PDF on Compustar's website) if you pull it up, its option 2-6 "Voltage Sensing Mode", which by default is off, I simply turned it on.
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
When a car starts cold it usually revs faster than it does when its warm, so if you program it at a lower rpm it may be telling the remote starter that it does not see what you originally programmed the tach reading and shuts it down, I know on audiovox and code alarm I had to do this many times.
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

peterubers wrote:
And yes, you want the engine to start at the lowest possible rpm so as to not overcrank the engine and ruin the OEM starter...  sometimes I'll even put the e-brake on, put the car into reverse or drive (with foot on brake as well) and learn the tach with the rpms dropped even lower now that it's in gear...

I used this trick, and learned the tach at about 400 RPMs

usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Wouldn't logic tell you if you program tach at 400 rpm and the car starts at 1,300 rpm, the remote starter would not start properly?
derekrobi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Incase anybody checks this post - JWorm over the weekend helped me - he found the best wire and wired it up and now it works great - thanks for everyone's help
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic