valet 561t remote start, 95 monte carlo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danspeed1 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

OK,

ill give that a try and post back in a few.

DG

1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
danspeed1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

Alright,

Just went into the garage and disconnected the VATS bypass relay and set everything back to the way it was.  Car starts up fine with the key, but the remote start is still doing the same thing.  One thing I did notice is that it gets far enough that it turns the radio on shortly before it shuts itself right down again.  Its like it wants to turn over and then just abruptly stops.  This is so annoying!

DG

1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure you have the ign and accessory wires connected properly?? make sure you don't by accident use and accessory as a ign and vise versa, after that make sure you have the correct tach wire and it is programmed into the remote starter. The tach wire is a white wire at the coil. this is an easy very easy car btw..:)
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I don't believe that leaving the key in the ignition in the off position on the VATS system will send the correct R value to the computer, I am pretty sure (not positive though) that the key would have to be in the run position.
If the RS system is not cranking at all then I would have to think your problem lies with the bypass installation you are using. For a quick test you could disconnect the VATS plug under the column, insert your resistor across the pins on the vehicle side of the unplugged connector. This would at least help to troubleshoot it. If the car starts with a key and the resistor inserted you know your R value is correct. Then move on to troubleshooting the RS. If you believe you may not have a correct tach signal, try setting the unit in voltage sensing mode. This will crank the starter for a preset amount of time and ignore any voltage on the tach wire. Once everything is working hook that tach back up, to the white wire at the coil like mentioned above.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
danspeed1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Most of you will laugh,... others will call me names....

I traced down all out of the book and it appears as though the Ground for the Park/Netural Safety switch was wired incorrectly.  Upon removing that wire and ground it the car remote started.  According to The12Volt, the ORANGE / black wire is the one it is supposed to be connected to.  Of course I look and there is no ORANGE / black wire.  Only an orange wire and a black wire.  Now there's a switch that comes with the setup.  I looked at the diagram and it shows that the switch is supposed to be used in between two wires... which ones, it doesn't seem to specify?  Not to sure where to connect this wire up to.

The only other wire remaining is the blue wire that puts out 200ma to accessories such as the rear defroster.  I have not been able to figure out how to use that wire as a trigger for the rear Defroster.... if anyone knows I will connect it up, otherwise i am willing to let it go at this point.  I am just glad the thing turned over remotely.... even if only once.

Thanks for bearing with me guys.... I think I may take a vacation from electronics for a while after this.

Dan

1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic