icon

2007 sliverado classic wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ttruss01 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2007 Silverado Classic and I am trying to install an aftermarket radio but am having trouble with the wiring color code on the truck.  The truck is a basic truck with just a plain am/fm factory radio. Can someone provide some insite.

Wiring in the The dash

2 orange wires - one has a larger dia than the other

green, brown, blue (all have a lite color and dark color) - gray & yellow - these are all speaker wires correct?

Black - ground.

What I can not figure out is what do I connect the battey wire (yellow on the after market), ignition (red on after market), as well as the dimmer and Illuminaion wires from the aftermarket to?

Thanks

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
Please tell me you didn't hack off the stock stereo plug! Thats a big no no!! Buy the proper wire harness adapter from your local stereo shop!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

The Chevy trucks use a data-bus system which means you won't find an accessory in the harness.  It also means that if you don't use the proper GM module (probably around $80 at a local shop) that some of your vehicle electronics won't work properly.  Trying to go the cheap route and hard-wire one of these vehicle is asking for trouble.  The Peripheral part number you need is a GMCO.

If you still want to find those wires, you can find the power and ignition wires in the ignition harness running under the steering column.

fknfbm 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
If your looking for an ACC, which will be the red on the aftermarket radio, drop the panel under the steering column and underneath the light switch you will see about a 16AWG plain white wire. This wire will give you a true ACC but it will not retain the RAP (retained ACC power) until doors are opened.
Although I dont condone hacking the factory harness AT ALL, if you already have, the only things you will lose are all the chimes EX: low fuel, SES, door - headlights, things like that, and the RAP.
The orange will be 12v, the black - gnd,
        LF Speaker (+)          TAN          
     LF Speaker (-)          GRAY          
     RF Speaker (+)          LIGHT GREEN          
     RF Speaker (-)          DARK GREEN          
     LR Speaker (+)          BROWN          
     LR Speaker (-)          YELLOW          
     RR Speaker (+)          DARK BLUE          
     RR Speaker (-)          LIGHT BLUE

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic