icon

window roll up w/xk01

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone used the window roll up feature of the xk01 on GMs? seems like a pretty simple install, 1 relay, does it do it thru the databus? i did this with a trailblazer a few years ago and it didnt work that well. it wouldnt sense when the windows were up and turn the motor off; it seemed more like a time thing. and if voltages were slow and the window went up slower, they sometimes wouldnt close all the way. this wasnt a xk01 however so im wondering if it works the same/better?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
The relay is only needed on certain cars, fullsize GM trucks I believe.
I experimented with it on a couple of cars, with mixed results.
2000-2005 LeSabre. Worked very well. It puts up the two back windows first, and then the two front windows separately.
Cadillac CTS. Didn't work. Turned on the dash lights, turned on the radio at maximum volume for a second, and didn't do anything else.
I would maybe try out the next few cars you do without saying anything to the customer. If it works, tell him you did him a favor for free....if he doesn't like it, you can always program it off.
Then, after you feel sure that it works reliably, you could start selling it.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
I've used it on almost all the trailblazers and full size chevy trucks I do, I use it as an exclusive selling feature, and the only time i have had problems with the windows not going up all the way is when the regulators get tired from wear and tear and there is resistance in the window rolling up from the switch. I have been using it since the part was the MULTI-DL or before. Omega's gm-dl3 did the window roll up as well, but I had problems with those taking a dump after a couple of years.
My rifle is my friend...
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
so can either of you tell - does the module stop the motor when the window is all the way up, or does it keep trying for a bit even after its up all the way?
back in the day i had a window module and it would stop the motor once the window was up (i guess it looked at current draw).
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
how do you get it to work with the trailblazer does it work with the '08??
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
im sure most window modules have a pot on them so you can adjust the resistance the units sees when the window motor can no longer move (as it rolls up) and stops
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just did the window rollup feature of the XK01 on a 2007 Hummer H2. Works like a charm, no issues at all.
Now if I could just figure out why the heated seats are doing the on-off-on-repeat over and over dance I'd be a happy guy. Unplugging the XK01 solves it. Bah.
Chris Luongo 
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
GregK,
At what temperature are you having this heated seat issue? Maybe it's really close to 32 degrees Farenheit, the threshold for the XK01? Is the XK01 installed near a heater duct, where it might warm up after the car's heater comes on?
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
GregK,
At what temperature are you having this heated seat issue? Maybe it's really close to 32 degrees Farenheit, the threshold for the XK01? Is the XK01 installed near a heater duct, where it might warm up after the car's heater comes on?
The heated seats come on no matter what the temperature is. It's my understanding that the XK01 will turn them on when the vehicle is under remote start and the engine temperature is below 32 degrees. The problem is they come on even when you start the vehicle with the key, and the go on and off and at different settings.
3-5 minutes after starting and driving they'll come on on high, then go off, on medium, off, on high, off, on low, etc.. with about 30 seconds between each cycle. This happens whether the engine is cold or at operating temperature.
The module is located up below the cluster, not near any ducts or heat sources.
I replaced the XK01 with another today and the issue is still there. I was using AMDL ver6 at first and bypasskit sent me AMDL ver5.02b to try, that didn't solve it. The replacement module went in with AMDL ver6, no change so I flashed it to the 5.02b and that didn't change anything either.
I'm thinking I'm going to end up going to an idatalink module to solve this, which really sucks because I sold the customer the window rollup which is only available on the XK01. :(
Chris Luongo 
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible that either
A) the XK01's brown wire is intermittently shorting to ground, or
B) your remote starter's ground-when-running wire leaks a little ground at all times, or
C) you're using your ground-when-running wire for other features too, and haven't used diode(s)?
Couldn't hurt to leave the XK01 installed, but cut only the brown wire (leave everything else in place), start the engine with the key, and see what happens.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic