2008 chevy silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

swerks wrote:
I have done multiple installs on these vehicles with the xk01 and xk06 sure it akes 2 modules but ive yet to have one come back on me

Why does it take 2/both modules?  I was under the impression you only needed 1 of them.  I'm about to do one(it's in the garage now) and the more I read, the more confused I get with this thing.  I have the XK01 withe the GMDL6X firmware loaded.  Is this the correct one or not?  Also, what resistors are needed on what wires with this unit?  I can get the XK06 in a few days if that one is better.  I would really appreciate some clarification/help on this.  I don't want to have the guy's truck overnight and can't do anything with it.

hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
the xk06 with gmdl6x will do lock, unlock, factory alarm arm and disarm,
door triggers, hood trigger via databus. you dont have to use this module, but if you dont have fun with the locks unless it doesnt have power windows. the xk06 takes care of the transponder and the need for resistors, relay and a extra key
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=hydroz_23] the xk06 with gmdl6x
the xk01 with gmdl6x
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys update, did another 08 silverado, and it was stupid simple! LOL
just did it same as my earlier post and all is fine works like a charm, you can buy the keys from howardkeys.com for like 10 bucks a piece and they so far work on almost every gm except ventures and other minivans, some cads and pont i thinkcheck out their site pretty good selection of keys
foxgt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
just as an update to anyone who reads this thread or was following.
I was able to finish the install today using the XK06 bypass module. Hooked it up just as it showed and it worked first time. I dont know why I couldn't get the XK01 to function properly, but the XK06 made it quite easy.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic