< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hifonics is overrated also...decent amps for the money though
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
It's going to be very difficult do find a REAL 1000 watts for the money you want to spend.
Every amp you have mentioned so far is mediocre at best, and ALL are pretty significantly overrated. Look into JL. You're going to spend a little more, but you're going to GET a lot more.
Also, you might consider re-reading the forum rules. Apparently you missed the part about eBay links, and how you're not supposed to post them (the servers edit them out anyway...).
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

aznboi3644 wrote:
that db drive amp is more like 500-600 watts

really? have you seen a test done on it?

n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
It's going to be very difficult do find a REAL 1000 watts for the money you want to spend.
Every amp you have mentioned so far is mediocre at best, and ALL are pretty significantly overrated. Look into JL. You're going to spend a little more, but you're going to GET a lot more.
Also, you might consider re-reading the forum rules. Apparently you missed the part about eBay links, and how you're not supposed to post them (the servers edit them out anyway...).

powering 2 alpine type rs4 ohm dvc - Page 2 -- posted image.

the HF and Lanzar are both a "REAL" 1000w.  They're just not as high quality of the higher priced amps.  The Lanzar is accurately rated.  The HF may be over-rated, but the audible difference between 1200 and 1000 is, again, minor at the most.  To say it's "significantly" over-rated is not accurate IMO.

Yes a JL would be a better amp, but not everybody is in that price range.

wolf56 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
sry bout that, meant to use the link as info not a selling thing...
i dont have the money to spare for the jl, ive already thought of it, but i need the money till i ship off to boot camp, which is in 6 months, and yeah
so out of the 3 which would be the best? im leaning towards the hifonics for price, and because my friend had one
otherwise its the lanzar, but either way im not looking for a pure 1000rms, just enough to give my type-rs decent power
aznboi3644 
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
if the db drive amp you are talking about is the spa1000.1 it is fused at 60 amps.
being class ab I don't see it putting out 1000 watts
wolf56 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
ok... i also was wondering, with the wiring for 2 12 4-ohm dvc subs, would i be able to wire each sub to 2-ohms, and then connect them to the amp and would that run at 1-ohm? i dont see why it wouldnt really
both subs would reach the amp, just one wouldnt run through the other sub, im not positive it would be 1-ohm though, i just dont want to run a wire from 1 sub to the other in a ported box...
alrighty, it seems confusing up above, so to simplify, instead of running one sub through the other(isnt each sub wired to 2-ohms, but when connected to the amp it becomes a 1-ohm load?)
im going to connect both subs to the amp, but not wire one through the other, rather have the wires meet at the amp, i dont see why it wouldnt work the same
aznboi3644 
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
yes if you wired it the way you said the final load would be 1 ohm
wolf56 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
alrighty, edited this post alot, but im getting new rear struts/front locks because those are all shot lol... locks im not sure how they got that bad but they are, drivers side doesnt work and passenger side doesnt even unlock...
but ive found the amp im getting for $110 about. its a infinity reference 1211a amp, 854 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
im not sure how to make it work w/the type-rs though... since it does 1300x1 rms at 2-ohms, i cant wire my subs to 2-ohms though, 4/1 ohms yes, but well what should i do, wire them to 1 ohm and just not have the amp turned up all the way? or will the amp become unstable and fry?
rboutin2 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have two 12" type r's, and i am powering them with a very nice alpine amp, an MRD-M1005. I got it off amazon for like $350.00. It pushes out 1000 rms. My r's are dual 4 ohms. I would greatly recommend this amp. I have had no porblem with it at all, and I dont even have it turned up halfway and the r's hurt the ears after a few minutes.
Disturbin' Tha Peace
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic