icon

2004 chevy colorado, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
308m99 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

having some difficulty with my install.i can get the truck to remot start,but dies after 5 seconds or so. also don't have any accesories working(heater,dash lights etc...)so i'm not sure if i have everything connected correctly.at first i had trouble setting dip switches on bypass and it would immediatly set off tamper mode and have to wait for system to reset itself.notsur if there is a second ign. wire i need to hook up or what exactly my proplem is if anyone is familiar with these trucks and correct way to set up remote start please share some insight.thanks in advance

GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass modules with dip switches aren't reliable at all.
Go with an Xpresskit XK06 or PLJX or an idatalink ADS-DL that has the proper firmware loaded on it.
Here is the wiring for the vehicle:
12 VOLT CONSTANT       GET THE 12VOLTS FROM VHICLES BATTERY ONLY       @ BATTERY ONLY      
STARTER       not used!       See NOTE *1      
IGNITION 1       WHITE/ GREEN to DARK BLUE (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
IGNITION 2       See NOTE *1            
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1       WHITE/ RED to BROWN (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )       BROWN / WHITE (-)       @ BCM, GRAY Plug, Pin A7, See NOTE *4      
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       BROWN (+)       @ BCM, BLACK Plug, Pin A48, See NOTE *4      
POWER LOCK       LIGHT BLUE (TYPE B)       @ BCM, BLACK Plug, Pin A11, See NOTE *4      
POWER UNLOCK       DARK BLUE (TYPE B)       @ BCM, BLACK Plug, See NOTE *4      
LOCK MOTOR WIRE       GRAY (+)       @ DOOR LOCK SWITCH in DRIVERS DOOR      
DOOR TRIGGER       See NOTE *2      
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       WHITE to DARK GREEN / WHITE (-)       @ BCM, BLACK Plug, Pin A46, See NOTE *4      
HORN       GREEN to BLACK (-)       @ BCM, GRAY plug, Pin A25, See NOTE *4      
TACH       ANY wire that is NOT PINK or BLACK       @ any IGNITION COIL or FUEL INJECTOR      
WAIT TO START LIGHT                  
BRAKE       LIGHT BLUE (+)       @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS      
ANTI-THEFT       GM'S NEW PASSLOCK 2 ANTI-THEFT System      
NOTES
NOTE *1 This vehicle requires a special PASSLOCK 2 Bypass module
NOTE *2 This vehicle has (4) door trigger wires the GREY/BLACK (-) is used for the DRIVERS door Pin A32, the PASSENGER door is a LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) Pin A38, the DRIVERS REAR door is a LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (-) Pin A39 and the PASSENGERS REAR door is a BLACK/ WHITE (-) Pin A39 all are located at the BCM's BLACK Plug. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM use all 4 and DIODE ISOLATE.
NOTE *3 this vehicle uses the NEW PASSLOCK 2 ANTI-THEFT System
NOTE *4 the BCM is located in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

maybe my troubles are the bypass then.as i tied my access.,heater, wire from r/s to the WHITE/ red wire;my ign #1 to WHITE/ green;pulled 2 sources of +12volt from batt(heavey gauge wires on r/s unit)but also pulled 12 volt+ from WHITE/ black wire in ign harness.is ther a need for 2nd ign anywhere?thanks GregK

GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass module will take care of any connections not listed in the wiring chart.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
thanks again GregK,i will look into the PLJX modual and hopefully that will take care of things
collyn eastham 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Just use two relays, one diode, and the correct resistor value. I did this on a H3 yesterday and they are almost identical trucks electrically.  Basically you start the vehicle, then cut the resistance wire and then measure to the reference wire while cranking the vehicle (truck has anti-grind, so dont worry about hitting the starter while its running). Then, using two relays you need to unlatch acc and use the second relay to insert the correct resistance to disable theft system. The trucks starter begins when ignition is 12+ and acc is 0.
Collyn Eastham
a.k.a. 300MBQuart
08 HHR Panel
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
collyn eastham wrote:
Just use two relays, one diode, and the correct resistor value. I did this on a H3 yesterday and they are almost identical trucks electrically. Basically you start the vehicle, then cut the resistance wire and then measure to the reference wire while cranking the vehicle (truck has anti-grind, so dont worry about hitting the starter while its running). Then, using two relays you need to unlatch acc and use the second relay to insert the correct resistance to disable theft system. The trucks starter begins when ignition is 12+ and acc is 0.
that is the way I do it at my shop I work at with no problem on canyons, colorados, and H3
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
i had some difficulty measuring the resistance,actualy reading the correct ohm value.i think my mult-meter was set at 2K ohms setting and got a reading of .372 and thought initally that meant 372 ohms,??.never really tested anything of this nature before so not real sure if that was correct or i had made wrong connections or what was going on.hit remote,truck would start but had no dash lights/heater and would shut off a few seconds later.at any rate,i ordered a PLJX self learning bypass kit and should have it on 1/23 or 1/24,so i will try that and hopefully get my R/S installed on saturday.thanks to all that have shared info and if any one could elaborate on the ohms deal,maybe i could get a better understanding of that for the future>
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
to test you cut wire after truck is running. Put negative test lead on the reference wire in ignition harness and the positive lead to the side of wire you cut going to key cylinder. Then turn key as to start and hold, starter will not grind because there is a factory anti grind built into these trucks. Measure resistance at lowest and work your way up, auto ranging meter will do this automatically. See what you get for value and see what range you are in. You may have gotten a false reading the first time you did this so you may want to start from scratch on the ohms part. WHITE/ blue is cut and WHITE/ yellow is reference.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

so depending on what range the meter is set to what is the value???cause at the lowest setting it over ranged it,next setting got the .372 reading(2K setting i believe)next setting got .37 and the next setting gave me .3.not very familiar with measuring ohms so i am not sure what the reading i get actually means

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic