icon

car wont start with key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok good, now you should find a orange colored harness which leads to the ign switch, this is covering two very small white wires, cut the orange cover very carefully and see if you find two wires inside of it. be very carefull you do not cut to far in the harness.
Then make sure the rest of the orange wire is not cut somewhere, it should lead to a junction under the dash.
BTW, how was the transponder wired in??
1fstls1 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I dont remember how it was wired in I did it so long ago.  Those wires have allready ben spliced into.  What do I do with these wires?  Put a resistor inthere?  Thansk
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
yes, cut the wires and put a resistor across the wires leading into the junction, the wires that lead to the key should not be cannected to anthing..
1fstls1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Isnt that jsut what the transponder does?  Could that transponder be bad if so why does it start ok with the remote start?  Anther thing I should mention is once the car is started put the key in hit the brake to shut off the remote start and you are in normal driving mode you can turn the key and it will grind the starter while the car is running?  I have to see if I have a restor that sise
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am thinking your reader in the ign switch is not reading the key properly which is causing your problems, if you do what I suggested (and it works)you would not need a bypass anymore, which is why I said to make sure there is nothing else connected to the white wires.
It will at least eliminate one thing which could be making your car not wanna start.
1fstls1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for a resistor now.  I though it may be a prob in the ignt as well.  If this works you are the man.  Ill update shortley.  By the way how close does my resistior have to be?
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
I would get the exact value, if it reads the wrong value it might go into shutdown mode, best the get it right the first time.
1fstls1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Also if that was the case that the ignition is not reading the keys resistance the car should still crank but not start right?
1fstls1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Also if that was the case that the ignition is not reading the keys resistance the car should still crank but not start right?
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
yes it will crank.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic