icon

10 chirps while arming?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
npb4me 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
I have a MT-3000 alarm on my Accord, and all of the sudden it chirps 10 times when I arm it.  Everything works fine, but it suddenly started this. Any ideas?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

How long has it been in the car? Can you get it back to the installer....just to ask questions.

If you did it yourself, do you have the install guide? and user manual.

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
I have all the manuals and have triple checked every connection and all the inputs.  It came with the car and was working great for months.  This just started last week. 
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
In the manual it should tell you what the chirps mean. Would mostly be the back of the install one.
Cris
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

StealthEs wrote:
In the manual it should tell you what the chirps mean. Would mostly be the back of the install one.

It doesn't, I have reead both manuals 20 times.

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
have you had your battery replaced? The reason I ask is because their might have been some settings (like domelight delay bypass for instance) that might have been programed and since the battery is replaced, everything would be back to default. My alarm needs to be programmed to allow my domelight delay. If I dont have that programed, then when I arm my car, I have 2 chirps followed by another 4.
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

audioman2007 wrote:
have you had your battery replaced? The reason I ask is because their might have been some settings (like domelight delay bypass for instance) that might have been programed and since the battery is replaced, everything would be back to default. My alarm needs to be programmed to allow my domelight delay. If I dont have that programed, then when I arm my car, I have 2 chirps followed by another 4.

I had the battery disconnected when i was installing my power wire for an amp.  I'll go back through the programming and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks!!

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
your manual should have a programming section. In that section it will tell you how to program some features the alarm has. It will also give a chart of which features are default and which features can be changed and to what there after. Quick question. When you close your door, does your interior domelight stay lit for a short time afterwards or does it go out right as soon as the door closes? If the domelight stays lit for a short time after the door has been closed, do alittle test. First close your door BUT wait till your domelight turns off before arming your car. If the alarm doesnt chirp 10 times, than you found the problem.
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

audioman2007 wrote:
your manual should have a programming section. In that section it will tell you how to program some features the alarm has. It will also give a chart of which features are default and which features can be changed and to what there after. Quick question. When you close your door, does your interior domelight stay lit for a short time afterwards or does it go out right as soon as the door closes? If the domelight stays lit for a short time after the door has been closed, do alittle test. First close your door BUT wait till your domelight turns off before arming your car. If the alarm doesnt chirp 10 times, than you found the problem.

My dome light shuts off as soon as the door is closed. I even turned it off to check this.  I am going to check the programming tonight and see if there is anything in there.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

Does your alarm have any sensors/ Most alarms come with atleast a shock sensor. Disconnect each sensor (if its not hard to do) and see if the chirps still happen.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic