10 chirps while arming?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
npb4me 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
audioman2007 wrote:

Does your alarm have any sensors/ Most alarms come with atleast a shock sensor. Disconnect each sensor (if its not hard to do) and see if the chirps still happen.

I disconnected the shock sensor, still chirped 10 times.  I also checked the hood pin and the dome light connections.  So far, eveything seems to be correct.  Now my remote start doesn't work either.  I am wondering if the connection to the parking brake has come loose.  Without this, the alarm thinks the parking brake isn't set.

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
That parking brake wire wont prevent your vehicle from remote starting. Thats just to disengage your RS. If the car wont remote start at all, its your hood pin switch. If its trying to crank, then its not your hood pin. If your hood pin is being grounded at all, your car wont RS. Check to make sure all your doors and trunk are closed. I know with my alarm, if i leave the trunk open and arm it, I will have more chirps letting me know something is opened. Another thing is to check all your connections.
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

audioman2007 wrote:
That parking brake wire wont prevent your vehicle from remote starting. Thats just to disengage your RS. If the car wont remote start at all, its your hood pin switch. If its trying to crank, then its not your hood pin. If your hood pin is being grounded at all, your car wont RS. Check to make sure all your doors and trunk are closed. I know with my alarm, if i leave the trunk open and arm it, I will have more chirps letting me know something is opened. Another thing is to check all your connections.

Well, I opened my hood, and pushed the hood pin down. Then I set the alarm, it chirped 10 times. I waited about 45 seconds and released the hood pin and my alarm went off.  So this tells me that the hood pin is working properly.  I also did this with the doors and trunk. I also unplugged the shock sensor, and it still chirped 10 times.   I'm stumped, not sure what my alarm is thinking.

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Would installing different seats affect anything?  I had to wire the new seats in because they are electric and heated.  I used the wires already run to the seat area for power and ground, but I did have to splice into the driver side door switch.  Would this do anything wierd?

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

door switch as in door trigger?

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also, you said you needed to splice the seats into the door trigger. Please explane in full detail what exactly needed to be spliced into that wire  and for what reason
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I had to grab the door trigger wire for the heated seats.  Not sure why, but my car didn't come with factory heated seats so i got the OEM wiring diagram from Honda and wired it up. 
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and I unplugged the seat and the alarm still chirps 10 times, so I don't think it is the problem. 
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
well why did you have to splice into the door switch? And by door switch do you mean the switch that turns your domelight on when you open the door?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
i didnt read your other post till now. So you had to splice the seats into your door trigger wire? There are a few things I need to know now. 1. How many seats are heated? 2. How many door trigger wires did you splice into? 3. Did you use any diodes in the process?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic