icon

10 chirps while arming?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
npb4me 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
I only had to splice into the driver side door trigger wire, it was GREEN/ orange.  Both front seats are heated. I did not use a diode.  I grabbed the WHITE/ black wire up by the steering wheel for the domelight trigger for the alarm.  So the alarm and the seats are on different wires.  Other then that,  all the power for the heated seat switchs came from the cigarette lighter wire in the center console.  And the power for the light bulbs in the switchs comes off of the wires from the other lighted switchs.  Confused?
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

ok alittle confused.  You said you spliced only into driver side door trigger, correct? Youll need to use atleast 2 diodes there.

Then you said you used the white black wire for the domelight trigger?

Please explane alittle better.  sorry

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I spliced into this wire were all the wiring run along the driver side of the car. 

In the '94 Accord, each switch is diode isolated from the other. If you tie into one of them, only that door will trip the alarm. The wire you need to tie into is the BLK/WHT wire that goes from the dome light to the safety indicator in the dash. Tying into this wire will ensure that opening any door will trip the alarm.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, basically set up the way my car is. Doesnt matter which door is open for the domelight to come on. For this, I ran my door trigger wire to my domelight.  So let me get this straight... Your door trigger input wire on your alarm is spliced into the black white wire. Then you ran both seats negative trigger  to your driver side door trigger wire...  Am i correct on all this?
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
The oem wire diagram only shows the driver side seat needing a negative door trigger.  The passanger side only gets power and ground because it is not an electric seat, it is only heated.  Do you think it has something to do with the driverside seat and that door trigger wire?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well it depends on when that wire is gettting the negative current through it. If there is negative through it during the times you arm your alarm, then thats your problem. Eventhough your door is closed, that negative wire from the seat is still sending current through that trigger wire. See when your door is opened, the switch pops out causing it to be grounded. That ground goes to wherever it has to go to trigger your domelight to come on. That in turn would set your alarm off. But in this case, since your door isnt opened the switch cant pop out and your dome light wont turn on BUT you are still getting negative current through that door trigger (since there are no diodes being used for the seats) thus causing your alarm to "think" a door is opened. Now there are some tests you can try. First leave your door opened, or leave your domelight on and arm it. If your alarm still chirps 10 times, then disconnect your trigger wire that you have spliced into your domelight. If it still chirps, than you know its not your seats. If it stops, then you need to put in some diodes.

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
I unplugged my seat, and it still chirped 10 times.  Wouldn't unplugging my seat not send a negative current through that wire?  Man this alarm is screwy.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just try leaving your domelight on,close the door and arm it. Then if nothing changes remove your trigger wire that goes to the domelight (from your alarm) and see what happens then
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
or disconnect that negative wire from your seat that goes to the door switch  and try arming it then
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I will try what you suggest tonight when i get home.  Thanks man!!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic