the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

auto page 900lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

puffyd wrote:
i had a friend install it who has experience putting in car alarms but has never installed one for a charger...so my problem is the parking lights isnt running through a 1.6k ohm resistor?

the parking lights should be going through the resistor for it to work properly. that way it wil only trigger parking lights and that will also force instrument cluster lights to go on as well.

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

dstyls wrote:
hey i'm half way done with the installment but i having trouble with the door lock,is the big wire grey and brown for the small wires,is it the door control module or switch?are you sure you don't need relays,thank's for all your help tedmond

well what i have here is this.

Power Unlock - Gray (-) in driver door

Power Lock - Brown (-) in driver door

this is the the wires that run from the switch to the control module where the relays are. you wont need relays because you are triggering the relay in the control module which will lock/unlock the doors. so i would say no relays are needed but if you feel uncertain about the output from the unit, you can add relays no problem. test the wires with the key in the cylinder and unlock requires double pulse. single pulse diarms factory alarm and second pulse unlocks doors.

dstyls 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
i only got the driver door to work,cant get all the other door to work,
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got all the door to work when you press the remote unlock button twice,sometimes it works and sometimes it will not work,i was wondering if you can program it unlock all door at once,and wat do you mean by double pulse unlock door,disarm factory alarm,meaning installing this Pink Wire: 2-Step Unlock /Factory Disarm /Sensor By-pass wirefrom the alarm to the black wire at the ignition harness?but thank's for the help on that trunk info,everything is working good,have not install the remote start yet!
puffyd 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

puffyd wrote:
i had a friend install it who has experience putting in car alarms but has never installed one for a charger...so my problem is the parking lights isnt running through a 1.6k ohm resistor?

the parking lights should be going through the resistor for it to work properly. that way it wil only trigger parking lights and that will also force instrument cluster lights to go on as well.

I will pass this on to my friend and will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help!

tedmond 
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

dstyls wrote:
ok i got all the door to work when you press the remote unlock button twice,sometimes it works and sometimes it will not work,i was wondering if you can program it unlock all door at once,and wat do you mean by double pulse unlock door,disarm factory alarm,meaning installing this Pink Wire: 2-Step Unlock /Factory Disarm /Sensor By-pass wirefrom the alarm to the black wire at the ignition harness?but thank's for the help on that trunk info,everything is working good,have not install the remote start yet!

well remote start is straight forward. just 5 wires and voila plus your transponder bypass. well, i have installed autopage units before and they offer double pulse unlock. As i mentioned the unit is defaulted as single pulse. everytime you hit the control, it disarms then with a second press, it opens doors. i looked over the manual and it does offer double pulse. its a programming feature on page 21. look for

ALARM FEATURE “B” PROGRAMMING under Two Chirps /LED two pulses

dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
the only wires i have left to install is the keysense wire,to i have to install the Pink Wire: 2-Step Unlock /Factory Disarm /Sensor By-pass form the alarm to the black wire at the ignition harness?thank's for the info for the dp lock,i got it to work,thank's man,just waiting for by pass module to come in to finish the alarm
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
one more thing should i connect  the signel tach wire to the pin#5 on top of tge ecm,it read 0 volt when engine not running and 7.15 volt when engine running?
tedmond 
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

dstyls wrote:
the only wires i have left to install is the keysense wire,to i have to install the Pink Wire: 2-Step Unlock /Factory Disarm /Sensor By-pass form the alarm to the black wire at the ignition harness?thank's for the info for the dp lock,i got it to work,thank's man,just waiting for by pass module to come in to finish the alarm

the pink wire will go to the UNLOCK wire on the car. diode isolate with the unlock wire since th eunlock wire disarms with one pulse. the thing is, units from DEI offer pulse before start on the unlock wires but with autopage that option isnt available. so useing 2 diodes (1 amp) connect one to the UNLOCK, and one to the Pink wire. THe diode cathode band (white strip) towards the alarm

tedmond 
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

keysense is Ignition 1. the ignition on that car is VIOLET (+).

for Tach, this is what i have.

Tach Signal - @ Injector any colour but RED. Pin 5. or you can use the crankshaft sensor as well.

Crankshaft Sensor - @ Injector OR ECM Module (RIGHT SIDE OF GLOVEBOX) GREEN - Pin 24 

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic