icon

must start with key before remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluelu00 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Since everyone has been so insistant that it is a bypass issue...I tried it.  It did not work.  The only thing that was different with the bypass was the fact that my security light was off.  With the bypass the car still wouldnt start and stay running when cold, and after running at least once that day it would run fine.  It is not that my car is inconsistent  with the remote starting....in fact, it is very consistent.  The remote works when it is warm out or when the car has been run at least once earlier in the day.  It consistently starts and shuts off after 10-15 seconds when it is cold out or has not been run at all that day.

I appreciate all of your responses...however, I am now 100% convinced this is absolutely not a security issue.  It didnt make sense for it to be a security in the first place, and now I have confirmed it.  So again, I would appreciate any other advice for this remote starter...but it is not a security system or bypass problem. 

Additionally, I again realize that cutting the security wire is not the standard way of bypassing the system.  However, according to GM...the manufacturer of my car, it works and is a much cheaper option to a bypass (which I did not find for less than 40) if you dont care about your security light being on. So please, stop telling me that this is so terrible; I am respectfully disagreeing and asking you to stop posting comments to that effect.

I understand that many of you dont agree with how I originally bypassed my security system...so I did it your way, and it still does the same thing as before.  Now do you believe me? 

Any new suggestions are most definitely welcome, but please do not post the same tired suggestions.  I just want a functioning remote start, and continuing to post about my security system is not getting me there.

Thanks again.

adamsaudio 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have asked this before and it may have been over looked. Where did you ground the remote start? If you don ground it to the kick panel in the car you will have trouble with starting in the cold. The remote start uses the ground as a reference to tell if the car is started. If you have a weak ground or a dirty ground your car will start sometime and not other.
bluelu00 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I did see your post before and I do think you have a very good point. That is going to be my next attempt. Thanks to "Twelvoltz" advice I finally found my tach wire. I have been testing in DC not AC. I am going to see if this has fixed the problem first, if not, I will be changing my ground connection.
bluelu00 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked the tach wire up last night. This morning it was 10 below outside...and my remote start worked without a problem. I think this problem is finally solved...thanks for all of the help.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic