Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
kickercivic1 wrote:

StealthEs wrote:
test the amp turn on wire when you shut the car off. Does it lose all power or slowing drops down in voltage.

Just curious what diffrence would this make? sorry i new to this... I will check with the meter tomorrow when i get to work and let you know for sure.

I car I troubleshot awhile ago had the same problem. The amp turn on would slowly loose power cause to amp to turn on and off before going off causing back feed into the RCA causing the speakers to pop.
Cris
kickercivic1 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

The output from the carputer is a line level, right?  Not a speaker output?  It has to connect to your head unit or to an amp, right?

The carputer has a bad or poorly designed ground plane.  Either it is defective or just cheap.  Take it back where you bought it if it's still under warranty for repair or replacement - of course if it's just cheap, then you are screwed.

Ya its a speaker output or the headphone whatever you want to call it. ITs a green port. the wire from that port goes to pioneer cdplayer aux in and then to the amps... The problem is just wried, whole system runs just fine till i hook up Line-in into the motherboard for sirius or HD and this noise starts.. This is the motherboard i have

http://www.jetway-mini-itx.com/j7f2-j7f2we1g5d.html

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
When playing MP3s off of the hard drive, is the noise there?
kickercivic1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
When playing MP3s off of the hard drive, is the noise there?

This noise had notting to do with Harddrive... This noise start when the computer is booting and the sound card is activated in windows.

i am an idiot 
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

You at one time said that the noise came in when you connected HD or Sirius to the input of the sound card. I was tring to find out if that was the only time you had the noise?    Do you have the noise anytime you are listening to the carputer, or just when listening to the sirius or HD via the input jack.

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
kickercivic1 wrote:
DYohn wrote:

The output from the carputer is a line level, right?  Not a speaker output?  It has to connect to your head unit or to an amp, right?

The carputer has a bad or poorly designed ground plane.  Either it is defective or just cheap.  Take it back where you bought it if it's still under warranty for repair or replacement - of course if it's just cheap, then you are screwed.

Ya its a speaker output or the headphone whatever you want to call it. ITs a green port. the wire from that port goes to pioneer cdplayer aux in and then to the amps... The problem is just wried, whole system runs just fine till i hook up Line-in into the motherboard for sirius or HD and this noise starts.. This is the motherboard i have

http://www.jetway-mini-itx.com/j7f2-j7f2we1g5d.html

The output from you headphone jack is a line level output. Meaning is a low signal that is then sent to the 4ch. amp in the car to be boosted up. Like DYohn said, The problem is a bad ground circuit in your carputer itself.
kickercivic1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

You at one time said that the noise came in when you connected HD or Sirius to the input of the sound card. I was tring to find out if that was the only time you had the noise?    Do you have the noise anytime you are listening to the carputer, or just when listening to the sirius or HD via the input jack.

Sorry to confuse you. I mean HD for HD radio. Not harddrive.

i am an idiot 
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
You are not confusing me. I understand that you have a High Definition tuner along with a Sirius Satelite radio tuner. I am sure you probably have some MP3 files on the hard drive of the carputer. I am trying to help you figure out your noise issue. But to do that I need to know if you have noise anytime you are listening to the carputer, or if it only happens when you are listening to one of the external tuners. (HD or Sirius) So if you have an MP3 or even a .wav file on the puter could you play that file and let us know if the noise is present.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
It's the soundcard... Integrated soundcards are NOTORIOUSLY noisy. I just built an HTPC for my living room, and I spent 248.00 on the mobo alone. I bought a 200.00 dollar HTPC case from Antec - SPECIALLY designed and built to be VERY RFI shielded - I still get some 60Hz noise... Not much, but still.
My suggestion to you? Cut your losses right now, disable the integrated soundcard in the BIOS (if possible, and just to free the resources - recommended, but NOT mandatory...), go to your local Circuit City or order online for 50 dollars, a decent external soundcard. It'll be FAR quieter once you get it working, and as an additional benefit, you can run the USB cable (digital, and immune to noise) the better part of the trip, (from the carputer to the head unit) and use REALLY SHORT analog cables to the aux input of your deck.
You MIGHT still have noise, because you ARE using a Pioneer deck, but this is certainly a step in the right direction! Even if you DO get all the noise out, you will still have a garbage S/N ratio, and crappy frequency response using the integrated soundcard... That's just a fact of life!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kickercivic1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
I will order sound card tonight and go from there. Thank you for help so far.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic