the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

clutch bypass for 2007 hyundai accent gs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

What's difficult about doing a job the right way?  It's simple. The clutch is bypassed with a negative start signal on the blk/orange, and the starter output needs to go to the start on the harness.

What is difficult about that? It's simple... this is the way to  do the install. You have your thoughts, I have mine. It really doesn't matter to me if the guy gets it done one way or the other.

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
The only reason I suggest to use a gwr wire is because on some systems i've installed the neg start signal did not allow the car car to and the gwr running is what was used and it had no effect on the vehicle
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

A start pulse is just that... a pulse (more  or  less)

Ground while running is extended. It trigger before start, and remains on (for a second) after shut down.

How are these the same? The bypass of this clutch with a GWR and a relay will engage the starter (only on remote start) and KEEP it engaged until

the GWR signal is gone. How can you use a GRW, in place of a start signal?

Mike_89gts 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I understand I could use a neg pulse to bypass the clutch as long as it lasts the full duration of the cranking but there's no harm keeping the clutch wire grounded the entire time!?!?
What do you mean "How can you use a GRW, in place of a start signal?"...
The start signal is sent via the ignition harness.
Think of it this way... If I were to sit in my car & depress the clutch to start it. I can keep the clutch down forever if I wanted to... as long as I stopped turning the key the starter would stop cranking even with my clutch depressed.
Mike
KarTuneMan 
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Using GWR, you also need to use the (POS)+ start out on the same relay.

GWR on 86, (POS)+ start on 85. grond to 87, and 30 to your clutch.

12voltexpert 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Just connect the clutch wire to the -alarm starter output. This way it only bypasses the clutch on r/s. If you use the ground when armed-running wire(GWR) and your car is in gear, then your car will just drive away forever. But if it only bypasses during the beginning of the r/s then as soon as the car moves it will die, due to the clutch not being depressed.
Mike_89gts 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
The GWR is on the RS unit itself and is only active when the car's running under RS.
I can't use GWR when my car's in gear because to put the RS unit in ready mode it's got to be in neutral w/ parking brake on.
Mike
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

12voltexpert wrote:
Just connect the clutch wire to the -alarm starter output. This way it only bypasses the clutch on r/s. If you use the ground when armed-running wire(GWR) and your car is in gear, then your car will just drive away forever. But if it only bypasses during the beginning of the r/s then as soon as the car moves it will die, due to the clutch not being depressed.

Ok, there seems to be some confusion here and before anyone gets any dangerous ideas I should make something clear - electrically bypassing the clutch switch does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the actual clutch on the car.

In addition it is HORRIBLY DANGEROUS to use a remote start which is not designed for a manual trans. on a car that has one.  That's not the case in this particular install - but some advice is being given which makes it sound like it'd be allright elsewhere. It is absolutely not.

The reason the clutch start switch is on the car in the first place is to prevent starting in gear.  On a manual trans remote start, the car won't start in gear due to the exit sequence(e-brake on, brake off, press the rs button, get out and close the door and the car shuts down) that the user must go through ensuring the car is in neutral. This makes the clutch switch unnecessary for safe remote starting - therefore it can be bypassed by the remote start. 

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic