diamond audio d1 10's or d6 12's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the fat kid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

hi there first post here i hope i dont butcher the rules

ok i have an 08 dodge ram single cab truck i went to an install shop and hes suggesting me put in either 4 diamond audio d1 10's  http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/139/156/  or for a little more step up to 2 d6 12's http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/129/143/  but only two of them, the tens have the bigger surface area but the twelves have larger voice coils. idk what do you guys think. i listen to a huge mixture of music but is it unrealistic for me to expect the tens to hit the low notes in songs such as  (jim jones- ballin'    or    baby bash- what is it?)  i listen to alot of rock, country and techno also so idk im torn and uneducated, ive only ever had 12's.  btw if its not against the rules which would be louder and what kind of db can you expect out of a set up like that in a single cab truck... btw if it matters i have an alpine ida-x001 headunit.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
for a single cab pickup...I'd stick with two ported 10s.
the fat kid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
anyone else?
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

If you can fit 2 of the 12's and get them in boxes within the recommended airspace requirments, then I would go with them. I personally have never been happy with the performance of 10's...

-Matt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic