locked inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
Yes as funny as the subject sounds, i now have the ability to lock myself in my car.. with out being able to open it ;s... Here goes.. I have a viper alarm, model # 690XV, 1995 Honda civic.
I have had the alarm for 4 years now.. everything was working perfectly. So during last summer i decided to make a switch so that i can unlock/lock the doors from the inside. Everything was working perfectly, wiring was done correctly ( as stated on a previous forum on here) the actual switch was also working fine. Now my remote is on my keys, and just like everyone in this world, we all tend to drop our keys. It has come to a point now that my display has become destroyed, and i not able to view anything on it & my UNLOCK button no longer works(Sometimes it does, but thats like pressing it VERY hard, and at least 10+, and thats not even a guarantee that it will unlock), but the LOCK, and HAZARD do work. Here is the issue, the switch no longer work's, so when i start my car the doors lock.. leaving me locked inside the car LOL. In order to get out i have to turn the car off and turn just the battery on, and hopefully it unlocks (hit N miss, or roll the window down and unlock using the keys). Now in order to keep the door unlocked, i have to start the car with the door open so it does not lock, heres the funny part, i am able to lock the car using the switch.. but the unlock does not work.Sometimes out of random if i am locked inside i am able to unlock/lock using the switch.BUT sometimes if i unlock it, then lock it, and i try to unlock it again i am UNABLE to do so.. its like it only work's once.. I have noticed that this all started happening when the UNLOCK on the remote stopped working..
Just so i have every detail stated, my SRS light is on in my car(this is caused by the cable reel), i am not sure if that has any baring on this topic, but i am just trying to provide all details.
Now the question i have to ask you is, could this be the remote? causing this issue? Or could this be the wiring issue of the switch to the alarm brain that is making the remote not working, or could this be another factor which i have seemed to have ruled out??
IF anyone could take the time to read this lengthy description, and give me their diagnosis, or any helpful hints/tricks, It would be GREATLY appreciated..
Thanks
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
get a new remote :)
re program the alarm not to lock doors when ignition is turn on.
get a new switch for lock/unlock
also if other buttons on remote work u can program the buttons to do differt things. can do that until u get a new remote
down load install manural for programing info
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
turn ignition controlled locking off. also the viper when it auto locks from ignition, you can keep doors closed and let the doors lock, then open it by hand and leave the car. honda has thatfeature so you dont forget the keys in the car by disabling lock when keys are in the ignition. for now get your hands on the manual in the download section or PM twelvolts, cuz he deals with DEI products. and get a new remote for sure !  btw dont you have a 1-way remote?
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
if the switch in the car is also not unlocking the doors it is most likely a problem with the switch unless you have a car that uses a five wire locking system if that is the case than one of the connections on the relays could be loose or going bad
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Well this is the thing, i got a quote for a new remote.. its $150.00 ;s.. so i am just debating if i should just get a new alarm with a remote starter, because the money i am putting into just the remote itself, i would rather get a new alarm if thats the case. Thats why i am asking to see what is causing this issue.
tedmond wrote:
turn ignition controlled locking off. also the viper when it auto locks from ignition, you can keep doors closed and let the doors lock, then open it by hand and leave the car. honda has thatfeature so you dont forget the keys in the car by disabling lock when keys are in the ignition. for now get your hands on the manual in the download section or PM twelvolts, cuz he deals with DEI products. and get a new remote for sure ! btw dont you have a 1-way remote?
Here is the thing, my car is a 1995, it never came with power locks, i installed the actuators, got the alarm installed, and made a switch to the alarm brain to be able to unlock/lock. Another issue is, that once i am locked inside i cannot unlock the door, because the latch is broken, so even if i wanted to do it manually i could not. The only way out like i said was if i were to either A) turn the car off roll down the window and unlock it manually, or B) turn the car off, and just click on the battery and hopefully it unlocks, or else keep trying, it usually works on the 2nd attempt.
corrysmtx wrote:
if the switch in the car is also not unlocking the doors it is most likely a problem with the switch unless you have a car that uses a five wire locking system if that is the case than one of the connections on the relays could be loose or going bad
The switch is 3 wire, like i said sometimes the switch works and most of the time it does not.. It's a hit N miss, Very fustrating... LOL
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{T}{TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}actuators are REV polarity. check your relays for a good constant 12v.{/TD}{/TR}{TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/T}{/TABLE}
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
on your switch that you made check your ground or better yet re do the ground to a better place. were did you ground it at.
for a remote u can get them for about $90 all over the internet.
i get the car fixed b4 i buy a remote or a new system. shold not coast that much to get a latch fixed.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I have my alarm set for ignition locking. But I wanted to ask if there is a way I can make a relay that wont allow me to lock my doors (white car is turned off) if the keys are still in the ignition. I know that when I turn the car off, my doors unlock anyways. But lets say I decide to leave the keys in the ignition and while I am getting out of the car, I accidently hit the power lock switch and it locks my doors. Now on my mothers car, she has a feature that the driver's side door will not lock (passengers will) if they keys are in the ignition and power lock switch is pressed. She has a 01 cavalier with factory keyless entry. I have a 02 cavalier with factory keyless entry (which I have permently disarmed) and an aftermarket asianwolf 8000RS which is the same as scytek 5100RS.
tedmond 
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

AUDIOMAN, you asked

*****I have my alarm set for ignition locking. But I wanted to ask if there is a way I can make a relay that wont allow me to lock my doors (white car is turned off) if the keys are still in the ignition. I know that when I turn the car off, my doors unlock anyways. But lets say I decide to leave the keys in the ignition and while I am getting out of the car, I accidently hit the power lock switch and it locks my doors. Now on my mothers car, she has a feature that the driver's side door will not lock (passengers will) if they keys are in the ignition and power lock switch is pressed. She has a 01 cavalier with factory keyless entry. I have a 02 cavalier with factory keyless entry (which I have permently disarmed) and an aftermarket asianwolf 8000RS which is the same as scytek 5100RS.****

this is very simple to do. the only crappy thing is, the wires sit in the drivers kick panel, and you have little room to work. im showing you how to disable DRIVER door lock motor ONLY when your key is in the ignition. using a relay, break the continuity on DRIVER DOOR MOTOR, other doors will lock or unlock normally.

85 - constant 12v

86 - key sense (-) Light Green @ ignition harness

**Cut TAN wire in drivers kick panel, test to make sure you got the right one**

87a - Driver Motor Lock Wire (+) Tan @ drivers kick panel car side
30 -  Driver Motor Lock Wire (+) Tan @ drivers kick panel door side

this way, once you place a key into the ignition, the relay will trip and break continuity on the driver door so that is the only door that will NOT LOCK, and no need to worry if some1 was going to open your door since you have an alarm; its all good. hope this helps !

tedmond 
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  

Italian virus, you can do the same with what i posted above, except use these wires. this will just allow you to not lock your doors.

85 - Ground

86 - Ignition Wire (+) BLACK / YELLOW @ ignition harness

look for the actuator LOCK wire, and cut that in half.

87a - lock motor wire switch side
30 -  lock motor swtich actuator side

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic