icon

locked inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Oh so what your saying tedmond is that the relay is tripped as soon as the key is inserted into the ignition tripping the relay causing the driver's door to stay unlocked. Well will the relay be able to tell the difference between the key just in the ignition,  and the key in the ignition with the car turned on? Another thing you said to not worry about the key being in the ignition with the alarm. So what your saying is I could leave the key in the ignition which would cause my driver's door to stay unlocked BUT If I used my other keypad and armed the alarm, the alarm would still arm but drivers door would stay unlocked. So If someone went and opened the drivers door, the domelight would turn on triggering my alarm. Is that what you meant?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

This site I went on says I dont have a keysense wire.Heres the site: http://64.85.6.118/diagrams/diagrams.asp             I have a 02 cavalier. But at the bottom of that page has a picture of the ignition harness. There is a green wire there. Could that be the wire?

locked inside - Page 2 -- posted image.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

audioman2007 wrote:
Oh so what your saying tedmond is that the relay is tripped as soon as the key is inserted into the ignition tripping the relay causing the driver's door to stay unlocked. Well will the relay be able to tell the difference between the key just in the ignition,  and the key in the ignition with the car turned on? Another thing you said to not worry about the key being in the ignition with the alarm. So what your saying is I could leave the key in the ignition which would cause my driver's door to stay unlocked BUT If I used my other keypad and armed the alarm, the alarm would still arm but drivers door would stay unlocked. So If someone went and opened the drivers door, the domelight would turn on triggering my alarm. Is that what you meant?

the key sense wire always works as long as theres a key in the ignition. if you want you could tie in 2 relays so once you leave a key in the ignition doors wont lock, but once you turn it to the "ON" the continuity on the keysense wire is broken so you can lock. plus you only need to lock the doors when your key is in "ON" because your going to start the car. but yea, that is what i was trying to say about the alarm. sorry if i didnt make it clear. Leaving your key in the ignition disables the lock on driver door, however, if you decide to exit the car, using your asianwolf remote, arming the car will protect it anyways since it watches door pins/domelight. if some1 was to open the door your alarm would go off and page you - then you go outside and beat the guy =D.

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
audioman2007 wrote:

This site I went on says I dont have a keysense wire.Heres the site: http://64.85.6.118/diagrams/diagrams.asp             I have a 02 cavalier. But at the bottom of that page has a picture of the ignition harness. There is a green wire there. Could that be the wire?

locked inside - Page 2 -- posted image.

bulldog diagrams are crappy, i dont have anything against it, its just its not that great, btw you should test the green wire before connecting it to a relay. take your DMM red to constant 12 and black to the green wire, set it to 20v DC. place key into ignition and it should read 12 - 13v on your meter.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so if that green wire in the diagram is the wire I need to tap into, I would use 2 relays like you said. How would i wire those up?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
All the webpagers I have read said the key sense wire is green and located at the ingition switch. So I am assuming that green wire in the picture above is the correct wire, correct?
tedmond 
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

Enable Lock when key in ignition in "ON" Postition RELAY 1

85 - ground

86 - ignition 1 on car
87a - key sense wire on car (green)
30 - to relay 2 Pin 86

Disable Lock when key in ignition RELAY 2

85 - constant 12v
86 - key sense input from relay 1 pin 30

**Cut TAN wire in drivers kick panel, test to make sure you got the right one**

87a - Driver Motor Lock Wire (+) Tan @ drivers kick panel car side
30 -  Driver Motor Lock Wire (+) Tan @ drivers kick panel door side

this way, even if the keys are in the ignition and are in the ACC so you can listen to the radio, the doors are still able to lock. The only time you cant lock is when the Key is in the "ON" position and your ready to start the car.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
But my doors will still lock though after the car is actually started (like they do now)  correct?
tedmond 
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
yes, if you just leave the keys in the ignition, doors are not able to lock since you want to prevent leaving your keys inside. But, as soon as you start the car with the key, door is able to lock normally; that is why i suggested you to use 2 relays. i dont want a member of 12v to die because of not being able to lock a door locked inside - Page 2 -- posted image.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so the ignition wire on the first relay is what causes the doors to lock. And when the ingition isnt turned on, the key sense wire comes into play. But 1 question. How does the relays "know" when the igntion is on across from just the key being inserted?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic