the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

locked inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
because the first relay is wired to the ignition. once the key is turned to ON, the relay is energized and breaks the continuity on the key sense wire for relay 2, which would allow power on the lock motor. when the ignition is OFF and the key is still in the key cylinder you cant lock the doors.
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Well then... this has gone off topic, but its all good..LOL
I grounded the switch to my alarm harness, all connections are soldered.
& i already checked for the switch $150 ;s, and i am not too worried about the latch, i am more concerned with the lock.
I do not care about the door's locking automatically, i am just trying to figure out why all of a sudden the switch works sporadically, and not consistently.   
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

ahah im sorry that i answered on audiomans questions, on my behalf im sure he didnt mean to hijack your thread. now let me get this straight, your car, you ADDED linear actuators for locks right? and now when you use the switch it doesnt lock? or it doesnt lock from using the alarm remote? sorry if im lost, but if you can explain waht the issue is again i would be glad to help

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I apoligize. I just did not want to start a new topic knowing that this already started topic was basically the same thing. I just need to ask a few more questions if you dont mind. I have a Remote start system with my alarm. Does it matter where I splice this ignition wire coming off the relay, into the igntion wire on the car? Like do I need it key side of the RS wire or igntion side? Also, will this affect my RS at all? Like for instance, I remote start my car, then disarm alarm, sit inside and lock the doors. Then I insert the key into the ignition but dont turn it. Will my doors unlock then Until I turn the key to ignition? I think thats all I need to know. Once again I apoligize. Just trying to keep my topic's down as few as possible. Thank you
tedmond 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

I remote start my car, then disarm alarm, sit inside and lock the doors. Then I insert the key into the ignition but dont turn it. Will my doors unlock then Until I turn the key to ignition?

your doors will not unlock. if you remote started it, disramred, got inside and hit the lock, placeing the key into the ignition will NOT allow your to open your door until it is turned to "ON" or you remove the key. simple as that. is there something you plan to do, if so please ask, i will make sure you can get it done correctly.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I understand it. I just want to know everything when I put to install these relays. So the only thing I need to know is that as long as the key is in the ignition but not turned to ignition or actually have the engine running, my driver's side door wont lock, correct?
tedmond 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Correct.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks for the help. I will work on getting the relays wired up and as soon as it gets warmer outside, I will install it. Just 1 more ting. What amp fuse should I use?
tedmond 
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
well you dont really need a fuse since you are only "breaking" the continuity on the lock motor. you can go the extra mile and add a fuse just to protect the relay with a 5 amp fuse on the positive side of the coil 85 or 86.  
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. So I wont mess anything up other than the relay if I dont use a fuse and something shorts out?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic