the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

locked inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
technically you cant "short" anything out. remember your breaking the continuity on the lock motor. the only problem that you could run into is the wire breaks over time and it touches ground for some reason. but yea, play it safe if you wish and add the fuse. also you can add a 1amp diode across coil terminals 85 and 86. the cathode (white band) on the diode will go on the positive side of the relay.  this will prevent voltage spikes on your "load" or lockmotor.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Which relay would the diode go on? Relay 1's pin 86 is ignition pin 85 is ground. On relay 2's pin 86 goes to pin 30 from relay 1.  Pin 85 goes to constand 12V.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

diode goes on both relays, first relay, cathode band on 86, second relay, cathode band on 85

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok  thank you
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I just went out and looked for the tan wire for the driver side door lock. I have a tan wire coming out of the door molex. It runs into a butt connector. The other end of the butt connector is a wire that I think goes to a relay ( I think) that I made for the negative door wire to run to from the alarm. I will have to trace that wire to make sure, but if that is the case, do I just want to remove that connector and put those relays in its place?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Another thing. Does it matter where on the ignition wire I splice the ignition wire from the relay to? Can I splice it into the ignition wire that comes off my RS before it runs to the cars ignition wire?
tedmond 
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
keep that relay you used for the unlock/lock from your unit to the lock motor. Then just add the relays required, and the ignition wire, you can TAP anywhere you wish as long as its connected to ignition. so tapping into the wire that comes off your remote start before the cars ignition is perfectly fine
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to break continuity on the trunk wire during times when the alarm is armed?
tedmond 
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

of course there is. thank got for the relay

85 - ground when armed from unit

86 - constant 12v
87a - trunk release button switch side
30 - trunk release button Motor side.

i do remember you asking how to break continuity but at the same time triggering the alarm if its pressed, this is hard to do and not worth the wiring and time.  

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I think I will stick to just breaking the continuity. So I simply just need to cut the positive trunk release wire and wire this relay in place.  I will place this relay infront of the trunk release relay I have installed for the alarm. That was I can still pop the trunk using the  remote. I do have my alarm programmed to disarm when popping the trunk. But just incase there is a split second difference when that happens. I will wire this relay on the switch side of the trunk that way there wont be any problems. Is there really any point to install this relay? I mean, if someone smashed the window and the alarm doesnt sound, when they try and pop the trunk, it simply wont pop. Is it worth it?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic