icon

sound through brake

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris27 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
did a 4 ch amp in a 2002 pontiac firebird and now cust states when he applies the brake he can hear it through the system.  I have checked grounds and looked to see if rca's are getting pinched but everything looks good.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
"...he can hear it through the system". Hear WHAT? Pops? Clicks? Staic? Whine? We need a FAR better description of what he is hearing.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
chris27 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

when he applies or lets go of the brake he can hear it through the speakers

chris27 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
sorry it pops through the speakers
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

OH I thought you were saying you had sound coming out of the brakes.  I was going to say let's patent that innovation!!

Did you create a new clean ground point for the amp?

Support the12volt.com
chris27 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't changed ground locations yet.  I have checked the ground and everything seemed okay but he is coming back in tomorrow so i'm going to change the ground to a different spot and see what happens.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of deck? pioneer maybe??
chris27 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
no it's a kenwood double din. 
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I guess before changing the ground on the amp, I would first go through the RCA's one at a time. First listen to all the speakers one at a time. See if the noise is coming from them all. If the sound is not coming through all 4 speakers, then its not a ground problem, but rather a RCA problem. Then simply start unplugging each RCA at the amp one at a time just to narrow it down to which which speaker/RCA is the problem. Another thing that could be a problem is where the RCA's or speaker wires are in comparision to the brake pedal and so on. It could be that either  the RCA(s) or speaker wire(s) are too close to something dealing with the brake and when the pedal is pushed in, the sound bleeds into the wire that is close by. If there is this sound from all 4 speakers, then I would start with the ground. Another thing... I always thought that if it was a bad ground, then you would have a ground loop problem. If there is a noise from the brakes but not a ground loop problem, then how could it be a bad ground?
chris27 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i was thinking about taking a set of rca's and running them on the outside of the car and see if it goes away.  If it does then i know something with the rca's, if not then i know to go somewhere else.  The cust was supposed to be here about 1 hour ago and still hasn't showed up so i guess it's not that important to him.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic