icon

1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville, New Head Unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cadillac95 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1995 cadillac sedan deville and just bought a Jensen in-dash dvd/cd/mp3 player XDVD710, I cant figure out how the hell it is suppose to get hooked up, there are all different color wires but none match up if anyone can please help me out I would really appreciate it. If anyone knows of a step by step process possibly with pictures please let me know, really any help will be great, thanks
noobgalore 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
the manual should tell you what wires are what and and here is the wiring diagram for you car. http://https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/405.html
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i tried that but some that still didnt help my car doesnt have a pink wire or some of the others
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so i got the deck finally hooked up just bypassed the original and wired each speaker up myself, but now when I turn it on and try to turn up the volume at about 17 18 vol level it just cuts off, is this because it doesnt have enough power? Is there an easy way I can fix this problem? Any advice would help, thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
When you connected the new speaker wires to the speakers, did you cut the original wires at the speaker so they are not still connected to the factory amp that is still in your trunk?    According to info at metra-online. com, this car requires an amp bypass plug that is 204 inches long.  The wire colors listed on that previous post are all in the trunk of your car.  If you did not use the harness, where did you get Constant and Switched power? 
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
yeah I cut the original speaker wire and spliced into the connectors that connect to the speakers, I got the power and ground from the original wiring of the car that was hooked up to the original stereo. Im thinking I just dont have enough power for the 6 factory speakers, but im really not too good at this stuff. The deck is a 200wt 50 x 4 channels so i only hooked up 4 of the 6 factory speakers, when I turn up the volume past 20 25 it will cut off, or when the screen is open it cuts off when the volume is at about 17 18, is this just a simple problem of not having enough power??
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it sounds like you are not getting enough power.  Did the factory radio have an antenna plugged into it?   If it did not have an antenna, There are no high current capable wires in the harness to supply adequate power to the new deck.  You need to run the yellow wire of the radio either to the battery or to the cigarette lighter plug, that should be an orange wire. 

Can somebody confirm for me that this vehicle does have a tuner/amp in the trunk?

cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
No, im pretty sure the factory radio didnt have an antenna plugged into it. What guage wire should I use? Im going to try this and let you know if it works, and yeah im almost positive there is a tuner/amp in the trunk, this car came with its own factory system 1 speaker/tweeter in each door (4doors) and 2 more speakers in the back
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
i just went and checked the wiring and I do have the yellow running to the orange
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Since you've apparently already chopped off the factory wiring harness (never a good idea) perhaps THIS tutorial will help you.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic