icon

1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville, New Head Unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cadillac95 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
i tested the orange and yellow factory and they both show some power in the acc position but the orange to the cigarette lighter doesnt show anything
duoproductionx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like you jumped into something you cant handle...
I figured out what exactly was needed with my Seville and said screw it. The parts are still sitting in my living room waiting for me to have time to drop it all off at a shop.
Cutting off the harness was a dumb move. The wires you need are most likely in the trunk.
97 Monte Carlo
CDA-9885, PZI Crunch 5 channel,12in MB Quart Premium.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I do not know what you have your meter set on but it should be reading between 12 and 13.5 volts depending on whether the engine is running.  Try this, get a decent size wire and a 15 amp fuse and a fuse holder.  Connect the fuse holder to the positive terminal of the battery.  Temporarily run the other end of the wire into the car and connect it to the yellow wire of the radio.  Check the radio and let us know what happens.
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i know im in for some work but if I can do it myself I will, im not the one who cut the harness,i let a friend of mine hook up my last system and he cut it and threw out the pieces. Im going to try what you said above just gotta get a fuse and fuse holder, ill let you know how it goes
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idoit you are my hero man, I went outside with a thicker gauge wire and it works perfectly. Thanks alot man for all your help and patience for a newbie. Just another question though, I only have 4 of my factory 6 speakers hooked up im not too worried about hooking them up now but if I do will it be too much for the deck to power? It still sounds great with only the 4 so I can make do if so, until I can get a amp or 2 and some subs, but yeah thanks again for all your help
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

I would wait until you can get the amp.  I have seen decks survive a 2 Ohm load but I WOULD NOT reccomend it. If the output chip fails the typical repair price would be over $100   You would be much better off spending that $100 dollars on an amp.        

Good thing you didn't go rushing out to buy some new speakers.

cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
yeah thanks, ill just wait like you said till I can get an amp or 2 and my subs. Yeah if it wasnt for your help i'd prolly be buying all kinds of stuff I didnt need
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know where I can find a dash kit for this car i've already bought 2 that they said were for my car but didnt work
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
We did one today with the 204 inch harness and all.  There is a difference in the kits.  Is your shifter on the column or on the center console?
cadillac95 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
its on the column, do you think this one would work?
http://cgi./SCOSCHE-Cadillac-Installation-Kit-for-1996-1999-Deville_W0QQitemZ120213296470QQihZ002QQcategoryZ85806QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
i had one that looked very similar with my last deck which is pretty much the same deck I have now
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic