icon

Alternative to Dynamat?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
2 weeks is not enough time...I've seen what fatmat will do over a few years...You'll have a mess on your hands. Rubberized asphalt will be oozing everywhere.
I have peel and seal on my front doors...I know it wont last but it deadened the doors well...I am not keeping my truck for more than 2-3 years so the stuff falling off is not a concern of mine...lol
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
yeah well its a done deal now lol i guess ill have to wait and see lol.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
inoitall 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productid=154017-81326-PS625
That link above is one that sedate gave from lowes dealing with the peel and stick stuff. Is that stuff any good? Would it work as a sound deadener like the name brands?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
inoitall wrote:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productid=154017-81326-PS625
That link above is one that sedate gave from lowes dealing with the peel and stick stuff. Is that stuff any good? Would it work as a sound deadener like the name brands?
NO! Did you actually bother to READ the thread? How 'bout doing that, then coming back and asking a question with some merit?
Jeez... I'm sorry, but jeez.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
aznboi3644 
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
lol...I thought atleast reading this thread would help people but I guess not lol.
I have 3 layers of peel n seal on my front doors. They are deadened pretty well...I don't expect it to last more than a few years before it goes to crap lol.
neontuner9 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
lowes or home depot sells this roofing stuff its like 8 bucks for roll it small easy to work with and is the same as dynmat same thickness n everything i ran that everywhere in my car n not one raddle now
aznboi3644 
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
neontuner9 wrote:
lowes or home depot sells this roofing stuff its like 8 bucks for roll it small easy to work with and is the same as dynmat same thickness n everything i ran that everywhere in my car n not one raddle now
I guarantee you it is not the same material or quality as Dynamat or any other quality butyl mat.
If you live in a hot climate you should be expecting the asphalt to start melting away and failing in two or more years depending on the temperatures
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

this on and off the topic. i've fix some bad tinny rattles from trunks .with window vinyl.wedged between truck lid and opening. you can get it at a glass shop . or on constuction sites

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
2low4ears 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
After weeks of reading this threat I finally put in edead V1 SE. It works great and is a fraction of the price of dynamat!! You can get it for less that $1 per square foot on ebay.
xx2Low4Earsxx
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
ive already got some info on how to get rid of my brownie gooo, aka as fatmat if it dies in my trunck lol. im ready for the stuff to go  goooo i dare it lol
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic