the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

installer’s point of view

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

ahah hey howie, the scotch 33 isnt that much here from where im from. Home Depot (hardware store) charges 6 bucks for that roll.

Hey Kevin, you sure stock up on relays. do you get them wholesale?

Howie, can you top that? thats like 200+ relays!

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, they were purchased wholesale from Parts Express.  They are unique in the fact they are weather proof.  Great for mounting in engine bays (fog light, head lights, etc.).  I have harnesses for them all too!

Scotch 33+ is expensive, but it is worth it.

Kevin Pierson
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Chris, sorry to say the astrochart is not for sale, it is tech services for astro dealers only.

If you want to get your hands on some of the smartest remote start product made (my opinion of course) call and speak to Martha.

I'm not an astro dealer I actually bought it from robert thibert
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Howie and Chris Luongo, you guys don't like relay harnesses?
I think my cost is $2.99/roll of Super 33+ and $.66/roll of Tartan(the cheaper 3M tape); I use the Super 33+ for connections and the Tartan for wrapping my harnesses when I'm bench wiring or replacing factory tape.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes and this is what happens  when we go to war!  With the exception of the SAS we are always cadging better equipment off of you lot!!!   Why do you think that whenever we get to North America the first thing we do is  find a  Snap-on truck or head for a Sears store? Hell we even pay twice as much for the alarms!*  Weller gun = $72, Weller cordless  = $120, Klein strippers =  $40 I love this mine is bigger than yoursinstaller’s point of view - Page 4 -- posted image. If I could work out how I'd cheat and show you a bank of   72 x 4 pole changeovers but I've also got loads of minis, old Omrons from G2/3 Cliffords, I've even got 87b relays, Jap relays etcChris, I'm   usually doing mini relays with low amperage applications such as polarity reversal or locks , I solder and bundle them in the loom, yes if I need more juice then I use harnesses, that means carrying a stock of uninsulated connectors and an extra crimper !  Don't forget the 100 packs of 1N4 and 1N5 diodes, various value resistors, fabric backed tape for those cars that use it, solder reels, drill bits and cone cuts, etc etc.  * A DEI Viper 1002 costs the dealer a shade under $200 !!!    Regards to all, Howard.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
Yes, they were purchased wholesale from Parts Express.  They are unique in the fact they are weather proof.  Great for mounting in engine bays (fog light, head lights, etc.).  I have harnesses for them all too!
Scotch 33+ is expensive, but it is worth it.
Want to sell me a pack of relays :) could use a few more. To be honest i think scotch 33+ is the best tape I have ever used, it sticks well, doesn’t leave residue, doest peel when its very cold or hot. and the texture on it is cool too.
chadwa2003 wrote:
I'm not an astro dealer I actually bought it from robert thibert
Hows the astro chart? The demo I got looks fairly good IMO. How much you pay for it, I might get a copy myself if I can.
chriswallace187 wrote:
Howie and Chris Luongo, you guys don't like relay harnesses?

I think my cost is $2.99/roll of Super 33+ and $.66/roll of Tartan(the cheaper 3M tape); I use the Super 33+ for connections and the Tartan for wrapping my harnesses when I'm bench wiring or replacing factory tape.

Damn! Every1 can get anything at such a cheap price. Hey Chris Wallace, I guess I pick CHEAP and GOOD ahah.
howie ll wrote:
Yes and this is what happens  when we go to war!  With the exception of the SAS we are always cadging better equipment off of you lot!!!   Why do you think that whenever we get to North America the first thing we do is  find a  Snap-on truck or head for a Sears store? Hell we even pay twice as much for the alarms!*  Weller gun = $72, Weller cordless  = $120, Klein strippers =  $40 I love this mine is bigger than yours installer’s point of view - Page 4 -- posted image. If I could work out how I'd cheat and show you a bank of   72 x 4 pole changeovers but I've also got loads of minis, old Omrons from G2/3 Cliffords, I've even got 87b relays, Jap relays etc Chris, I'm   usually doing mini relays with low amperage applications such as polarity reversal or locks , I solder and bundle them in the loom, yes if I need more juice then I use harnesses, that means carrying a stock of uninsulated connectors and an extra crimper !  Don't forget the 100 packs of 1N4 and 1N5 diodes, various value resistors, fabric backed tape for those cars that use it, solder reels, drill bits and cone cuts, etc etc.  * A DEI Viper 1002 costs the dealer a shade under $200 !!!    Regards to all, Howard.
Hey Howie, those omron relays are old ! do they still manufacture those? ! See I wish I was a DEI dealer, that way I could get units for cheap :) right howie ahah. I guess in the UK, everything cost more. A decent weller gun for 72 is sure pricey. Im my area I have a store called SAYALS and they sell weller guns for 45 bucks or sumthing and we all know weller is one of the best. Others may  have other opionions but yea IMO weller is good stuff.

Its funny how i started a thread about fixing sumthing, now we are in a WAR installer’s point of view - Page 4 -- posted image. "battle of the installers"

How long you guys been in the field?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Did I mention gas at $10 gal?  installer’s point of view - Page 4 -- posted image.  or a 530t costs $80? *Or the economy has gone flat? Any jobs going in SCal, New York, Arizona or Israel? Scratch Israel its S/Cal with more guns and more languages!  Except the nightlife is better. Ted I passed a Mercedes CLK with Ontario plates this a.m., it makes a pleasant change from Polish no. plates.

* And Gary (KTM) laughs when I make my own 508ds. Yes I'm sure KP probably could but from your points of view its not worth the time. By the way Kevin I forgot latching relays!! Try explain them and why to a novice!  Date back to my Solaris days with only one aux, fire it through a latch then a timer for headlights when alarm on or trunk release when alarm off.

tedmond 
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}Howie, you are an electrical car godess. I didnt even know wat you just said but its cool {IMG src="https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/smileys/smiley14.gif" border="0"}{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
tsk tsk tsk amatuer.....  :)
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean Goddess? Surely the BMW King but lets be honest I'm left for dead with US cars , no experience. Whos the amateur KP? I wish I had Ted's knowledge when I was 16.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic