icon

installer’s point of view

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Rear defrost is YELLOW /GREEN at the fuse box astro says it needs a 8 min neg trigger
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

alrigh tgoing to tackle this tomorrow . thanks chadwa2003!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Man I wish I had more access to AstroChart...sometimes I'm tempted to buy it. They seem to have almost everything.
That YELLOW /GREEN at the fusebox will test as a low-current ground whenever the defroster is on.
On my friend's '04 Camry (before the modern RS units that have defroster outputs), I connected the remote starter's ground-when-running wire to the YELLOW /GREEN.
I also put a toggle switch inline, and place the switch in the car's fusebox. During the summer months, he can turn it off.
P.S.
KPierson, I'm not sure sure that any of us could duplicate each other's installations perfectly.
I'm almost OCD as to which way I wrap my tape, which direction I face the female spade connectors on the relays, which zip ties I cut short and which I leave long, and things like that.
As I've made changes in my techniques over the years, if a car comes back for repair, I can often even guess when I did it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

Chris, sorry to say the astrochart is not for sale, it is tech services for astro dealers only.

If you want to get your hands on some of the smartest remote start product made (my opinion of course) call and speak to Martha.

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

KTM u sure love the astro units !

hey chris luong, you dont have access to DEI Directechs? i thought ur an authorized dealer of DEI.

anyways you should get Wire Magic. I bought it 2 years ago and it sure was a big price tag for a young guy like myself. 400 dollars for the Installogy WIremagic. It has everything as well, but i got a demo version of astrochart and honestly i say astrochart smokes magic wire ! but no other program i have seen goes into so much detail. i guess wiremagic is your only option unles people know of others.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'm with Chris on his comments, even down to which make of insulating tape and where I've mounted/hidden the unit.
tedmond 
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

i opened itup today and it made me go out and buy a roll of Super Scotch 33+

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ted that Scotch 33+ is $10 per roll here! Swap you loads of relays? I've probably got more than Kevin P.!! Chris were you taught to mount relays with connectors underneath, first so that gravity assists the internal contacts and second to prevent water ingress?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Ted that Scotch 33+ is $10 per roll here! Swap you loads of relays? I've probably got more than Kevin P.!! Chris were you taught to mount relays with connectors underneath, first so that gravity assists the internal contacts and second to prevent water ingress?

Come on now, give me some credit here!!!!!!!!  And these are just the ones in my basement....   :)

installer’s point of view - Page 3 -- posted image.

Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh Kevin, thats funny as hell..... in ya face howie.installer’s point of view - Page 3 -- posted image.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic