2008 mustang, clifford x-50

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
08silvermustang wrote:

The direct wire printout says Lt. Blue/pink and Lt. Blue/black but this could be wrong. the two blue wires are lt. Blue but are slightly different shades of blue, one darker than the other but not as dark as some of the other blue wires in the loom, they look lighter.

I found that odd when doing the hookup.

I have seen directwire list factory alarm rearm wires that don't arm the OEM alarm. Try arming the OEM alarm by turning the key in the door to lock. If it does not work, then you have to lock the door with the door open.
08silvermustang 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

You say:

I edited a previous post where I was talking about pulsing the doorpin while arming the alarm. I didn't realize that a "factory alarm rearm" wire is now listed on the latest generation Mustang.

Is the "factory alarm rearm" supposed to do the same thing as arming with the original ford key fob?
I might have just picked the wrong wire or somthing has come loose.

08 Siver Mustang Modified
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
08silvermustang wrote:

Is the "factory alarm rearm" supposed to do the same thing as arming with the original ford key fob?
I might have just picked the wrong wire or somthing has come loose.

For most cars, the wire goes to the key cylinder in the drivers door. When you turn the key to LOCK it sends a ground pulse to the OEM alarm or BCM telling it to arm the alarm. For over 15 years Ford never had a wire like that. The OEM alarm would arm if you locked the door with it open, or if you used the OEM remote.
To test if you have the right wire...
The wire will meter 12v (positive) at rest. When you turn the key to lock, it will go to 0v (ground).   
If this wire does go to the key cylinder and does in fact arm the alarm it will probably turn the domelight off as well.
08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

I went down to my garage to get my manual.

I have an active anti-theft system, it covers doors, hood, trunk, motion inside vehicle, cange in vehicle inclanation.

As has been said:

1:It says to arm the system press the remote key fob (duuuu)

2: lock all doors using the interior powerlock switch while the driver or passenger door is open and then becomes closed.
3: lock thev driver door with lock cylender but this will not arm all functions.

08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

I will try this:

To test if you have the right wire...

The wire will meter 12v (positive) at rest. When you turn the key to lock, it will go to 0v (ground).   
If this wire does go to the key cylinder and does in fact arm the alarm it will probably turn the domelight off as well.

Don't yall just love the jungle of wires these companies throw at us now.

I did a complete rewire on a 66 mustang not too long ago and it was pretty easy back then.2008 mustang, clifford x-50 - Page 4 -- posted image.

There could possibly be a wire for rearming and I just have the wrong one.

08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

I have looked everywhere on the forum to find this information.

I have a Clifford 50.5x on a 08 mustang with an active alarm system as well as the passive. Why doesn’t my active alarm arm or disarm using relays to pulse the lt. blue/pink wire to arm or my lt. blue/black wire to disarm work for my active alarm.

The most updated direct wire hookup is for a 07 mustang from what I understand they are the same.

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic