icon

so i got a new job, disappointed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Have you heard this car?  Have you sat in the front seat and listened?  Have you drove it around a bit and played with the system? 

I have.  It sounds great.  It doesn't have glass breaking lows by any means, but it has a good, rich sound with pretty good imaging.  It isn't a pefect setup by any means, but for 99.9% of owners it will do, especially when you start pricing replacing the system and all the custom work that it will take to fit new speakers in it.

Don't get me wrong, I realize this setup is the exception, and not the rule by a long shot.  But this one car proves that OEMs CAN build nice systems in to the car from the factory.  If installers and shop owners refuse to see that, and the trends that are coming, then they are going to be in a tough position in 3-5 years when even less new car owners are looking for audio upgrades.

Kevin Pierson
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
I have heard these cars also, and they do not sound as good as the hype around them suggests, I am not saying they sound like a 1989 stock Chevy, but they are not high end as far as aftermarket is concerned.
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, I am not concerned in the least about what MIGHT happen in 3 to 5 years down the road, for all I know we will have audio chips implanted in our brains which give us the full spectrum of every frequency in the universe and a high powered receiver implanted in our rectum that can recieve information from other galaxies..
All I am saying is today and right now the aftermarket is ripe for success if the retailers can see what is available and tell customers how they can hear some great music.
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
and one more thing, the electronics industry in general is not something you can plan for years in advance, the best you can do is keep customers happy by having whats available, and run with WHATS AVAILABLE HERE NOW!!! thats my nich anyway.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

at some point this system will have to be replaced maybe not the first owner but sometime down the line and OEM replacement will always carry a stupid mark up and labor.     something some of you are missing is that maybe a non-audiophile will buy/lease this car and instead of loosing a custumer,  the biz will gain a custumer from some one who had never experianced a good sound set up.  i got into this line of work because it was cool to put things in your car that where not there before in efforts to make your car unique and user-friendly not just to put speakers in.

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic