icon

1 ohm amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

You seem to have missed the point of this thread - Helping this guy make a GOOD decision on a 1 ohm stable amp. Your post is also riddled with tons of misconceptions:

theetimurban wrote:
 And if he were to buy it, the Cadence gear has a 3-year manufacturers warranty and the Profile has 1-year direct from Crutchfield warranty.

Have you ever had to send a product back on warranty? Lets just say it isn't as easy as snapping your fingers. This is how many lower end companies get people to buy their gear. (by the way, if you would read, I never mentioned anything bad about Profile.) I would rather be listening to my music instead of sending my gear back on a warranty claim, and then having to wait for it to come back! (some people don't have loads of stereo equipment laying around for when they have to send things back for warranty claims)

theetimurban wrote:

I don't even own anything that's made by Cadence, it's too low of quality for my liking...

Not only have you now made it clear that Cadence is low quality and you would never own it, but you then suggested that this is the product he should be purchasing over a far superior product! Why would you make a suggestion about products you have never owned? I would never tell anyone to buy something that I haven't experienced myself, or witnessed first hand.

Since this is quickly becoming a waste of my time and others who are reading this, lets get past all of this nonsense and down to the meat and bones. It is NOT justifiable to buy an inferior product, when a quality product is available for a mere $60 or $70 more. Period.

Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
If I may interrupt, kids... Since Orion became a Directed brand, it, along with MOST (I didn't say ALL) of the other Directed products, is crap.
Honestly, I think I'd WAY rather have the Cadence over the (newest generations of) Orion, and even in SOME cases I'd rather have the Profile amp, especially considering the OPs desire to purchase a decent one ohm capable amp for as little money as possible. Operative words: "as little money as possible". In that vein, the Profile is a perfectly acceptable recommendation. The Orion stuff is NOW garbage, and in NO WAY is it the same calibre as it once was, especially comparing today's stuff with, say, the first and second generation reds and golds. The Profile is a pretty capable piece of kit, and I'd get it WAY before an Audiobahn or something of THAT ilk.
...and I have 2200 watts of Alpine PDX in my trunk, so there.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
willdkartunes wrote:
You seem to have missed the point of this thread - Helping this guy make a GOOD decision on a 1 ohm stable amp.

Actually, no, the point of this thread was for this guy to find a cheap 1ohm amp, had you read his last post you would see that he said he doesn't want to spend more than $200. I personally would just hold off on buying an amp and save money for something better, he doesn't.

wildkartunes wrote:
 Have you ever had to send a product back on warranty? Lets just say it isn't as easy as snapping your fingers.

I have, and I agree for the most part, but that was never "the point of this thread"

wildkartunes wrote:
 I would rather be listening to my music instead of sending my gear back on a warranty claim, and then having to wait for it to come back!

Who wouldn't? But even the most "top tier" companies have manufacturing errors.

wildkartunes wrote:
Not only have you now made it clear that Cadence is low quality and you would never own it, but you then suggested that this is the product he should be purchasing over a far superior product!

How about this: once Orion makes/sells an amp that is 600w RMS at 1ohm thats less than $200 and someone asks for an amp thats 600w RMS at 1ohm that costs less than $200, I'll push that on people like crack in Harlem..?

wildkartunes wrote:
Why would you make a suggestion about products you have never owned?

I never told him to buy those amps, I gave him a list of amps that were what he was looking for.

wildkartunes wrote:
  I would never tell anyone to buy something that I haven't experienced myself, or witnessed first hand

Not only do I find this hard to believe, I never actually said, "Go buy Cadence, it'll put a spring your step and a twinkle in your eye." I only ever said, "These amps are cheap and put out the power you're looking for."

wildkartunes wrote:
Since this is quickly becoming a waste of my time and others who are reading this, lets get past all of this nonsense and down to the meat and bones. It is NOT justifiable to buy an inferior product, when a quality product is available for a mere $60 or $70 more. Period.

I agree 100%. But again, I only ever answered what he asked, you're the one that feels the need to dispute everything I've said, and I choose to rebuttle because I love a good banter.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Why does everyone always have to be "right"?  1 ohm amp - Page 2 -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
neontuner9 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
man i didnt wanna have read through all this non sense of people arguing back in forth just wanted simple opions of amp and its model and for buddy that say a 1,2 or 4 ohm will put out same watts i dont know what your thinkin but once again if anybody has and opionon on what 1 ohm stable amp is good and under 200 please do  list what what model orion are you talkin bout thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously, I have never seen a 1-ohm stable amp that costs under $200 unless it was used or unless it was a flea-market special that would probably last a couple weeks before it turned into a pile of molten roach carcases.
Support the12volt.com
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

neontuner9 wrote:
for buddy that say a 1,2 or 4 ohm will put out same watts i dont know what your thinkin

I never said that it will put out the same , what I said was that you could buy an amp that puts out 600w at 1ohm or you could buy an amp that puts out 600w at 4ohms, the latter usually being less expensive and safer to operate at.

neontuner9 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

im pretty sure im go with this kenwood excelon it has 600w rms at one ohm and found one for 140 orginally 300 so ...

willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
If I may interrupt, kids... Since Orion became a Directed brand, it, along with MOST (I didn't say ALL) of the other Directed products, is crap.
The Orion stuff is NOW garbage, and in NO WAY is it the same calibre as it once was, especially comparing today's stuff with, say, the first and second generation reds and golds.

Ouch! That hurts to hear you say that! lol!

I hear this a lot from the older audiophiles. I have had numerous old AND new products of Orion, or directed electronics for that matter! Unfortunately nobody backs up their story of why they are "garbage". I would love to hear why you think these products are now crap.

Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

haemph wrote:
Honestly, I think I'd WAY rather have the Cadence over the (newest generations of) Orion

Agreed, and -

wildkar wrote:
I hear this a lot from the older audiophiles. I have had numerous old AND new products of Orion, or directed electronics for that matter! Unfortunately nobody backs up their story of why they are "garbage". I would love to hear why you think these products are now crap.

My singular experience with Orion was *very* poor - having purchased an Orion 4-channel at Sounddomain (beginning of 2006, as I recall) before they stopped selling car audio gear - the thing I got in the mail was a JOKE.  The whole amplifier weighed like half of what the ultraportable I'm typing this post on weighs - the chrome wasn't chrome, it was like silverly paint that was flaking off right out of the box, and the instructions had a bunch of max power ratings in it.

After it was installed, as I was adjusting the gain, when I touched the gain knob with the screwdriver, the thing sparked and the amp CAUGHT FIRE and SMOKED for nearly 5 minutes.  It didn't even last an hour installed in the car.

That's my Orion story.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic