icon

disable silverado door chime

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uranch 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to disable the door chime in my 04 silverado. I have XM, Onstar and redundant steering wheel. 3/4 ton 4wd duramax (it is red)

uranch
uranch 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I do not use the On-Star
uranch
2001eclipse 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  

I believe if you get an aftermarket headunit, that chime will go bye-bye

2001eclipse 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
When I say "get" I mean replace ;D
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
I might be talking out of my nether-regions, here, but I BELIEVE the '04 GMs have LOTS of "auto accessories" included in the deck, from chime to domelight, from Big Brother to XM... (They started doing this around that year, I think...) You can't simply "disable" one of them or the other, without losing them ALL.
There is a HUGE and expensive harness made for relocating the deck to under one of the seats, to allow the owner of the truck to install an aftermarket deck.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
You are correct Dave.  In 03 they changed their system to be controled by a databus system.  If you put an aftermarket head unit in without the chime module harness, you will lose the retained accessory power system.  The chime is more than just for door ajar.  It also chimes if you leave your lights on, leave your key in the ignition, and for the fuel level or any other warning situation. I wouldn't recommend disabling it.
inoitall 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
I lost my door chime in my car and I want it back disable silverado door chime -- posted image. . I used the relocation harness on my 2002 Cavalier when I installed my new headunit. I have the factory radio in my trunk now. The problem is that I have all my speakers hooked up to an amp. Is there a wire I could splice off of at the factory radio and wire it to a tweeter or speaker to mount under my dash?
uranch 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I just want to disable the chime. I dont care if I dont have low fuel,door ajar and seatbelt chiming constantly
uranch
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

URanch   are you trying to eliminate the door open with key in ignition chime?   If so maybe one of the alarm guys can help us identify the wire inside the lock mechanism that shows the truck that the door is open.  The only problem with this will be your RAP (retained accessory power) will not think you have opened the door.  The radio will remain on untill the BCM times out.  I don't remember how long it takes, no longer than 20 minutes. It being a diesel the 2 batteries should not have a problem with this.  If nobody can help find this wire, I will try and find out the next time we have one of those vehicles in the shop.

And as for you   Iknowitall   you will have to mount a speaker under the dash somewhere, and run wires from the speaker to the factory radio, and connect it to the front left channel.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

Notes: On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back

This info was found on this site, under the alarm wiring for your truck.  It seems to me that you should be able to figure out which location is the drivers door, B4 or A5.    you can try cutting the wire to see if this will solve your problem.  If you do cut it, make sure you cut it far enough back from the plug that you can reconnect it.  Do not cut it right at the plug.  You do not have to diode isolate, those instructions were to connect an alarm.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic